Chapter 34 - Final Round. **FINALE**

Chresanto sped so fast to the nursing home that he didn't care about being stopped, ticketed, crashing, etc. All he needed to know is if Abby was alive. Once he got there, he noticed that the police were outside. However, they were always outside so it never bothered him. He parked in the back and walked through the back door with a key, racing and sprinting to Abby's room as he held Romelo in his arms.

His worst fears were confirmed.

When he barged inside if the room, he seen Abby laying on the floor with her eyes half open. There was blood everywhere. Blood all over the floor, blood all over her bed, and blood all over the walls. Chresanto wailed out a noise that was unhuman while Chresanto sat Remelo on her bed. He held Abby close to his body, crying hard and loud in the process. Tears were waterfalling down his face as he held Abby's bloody body to his chest. He was too late. Abby's head dangled back as she laid limp in Chresanto's arms. Still, he didn't let go of her.

"Abby!" Chresanto shouted as he wailed close to her body.

He looked up and seen a cryptic message written in blood on the wall. It said: "Where were you, Chresanto?" which was obviously written by Justin.

There were multiple stab wounds that covered her body. She had multiple cuts to her face, multiple cuts to her hands due to defense wounds, and deep wounds to her stomach and chest. The items being shattered and broken inside of her room, indicated that she'd put up a good fight with Justin. It also meant that whoever the man was could've cut himself in the process, because there were other blood spatter marks on her body. This was his friend. His closest friend. Dead on the floor. He was so in denial that he felt that he could still get some help for her.

Chresanto grabbed Romelo and ran out into the hallway. There, he seen it all.

His eyes widened in shock as he seen Mrs. Miner walking out with a police office holding her and Mrs. Lacey in handcuffs, escorting them out of the building. Mrs. Miner gave off a look of disappointment, while Mrs. Lacey was crying her eyes out. Chresanto gasped and held Romelo as he ran outside of the building to see what was going on. Outside, he watched an officer placing Craig inside of the police car, also handcuffed. He looked at Zonnique, only to realize that she was in handcuffs as well. Rayan and Jacob were sitting on the curb crying their eyes out along with Bahja and Babydoll. When he looked over, he seen an officer holding his box of keepsakes. His heart started to race immediately. They'd already seen his tapes, the videos of him killing all of those people, the pictures of the murder victims, etc. They'd also found out through small evidence inside of the car, that he was involved in the disappearance of Daniel and Justin, and the murder of Jaden. Even though they'd compensated his gun, he still had his pocket knife on him.

The police knew now. They knew, that he was a murderer.

"Are you Chresanto August?" An officer asked as he stepped up to him.

"Yes?"

"You're under arrest for the murders of-"

"Run, Chresanto!" Zonnique screamed at Chresanto as she sat in her handcuffs. "Take Romelo and run!!"

Chresanto didn't hesitate. He took one last glance at everybody, cradled Romelo, and sprinted to the back of the building. An officer chased after him as two more officers followed behind him. The other officers stayed on the scene to watch and made sure that nobody else ran off. Jacob looked at the back of the building and watched as Chresanto faded into the dark woods, along with the officers following behind him. The officers that arrested Zonnique, Craig, Mrs. Miner, Mrs. Lacey and the other nurses, then watched the police drive them off. Jacob looked at Rayan, Babydoll and Bahja, then looked up at the officer who was standing over them.

"Come on." The officer said as he held his hand out. "We're shifting you all to another mental home. This home will be under investigation for a while. It's going to be closed down soon."

But these arrests, were the start of everything. The real start would come a week later.

"To the Wichita County Residents, we've gotten a huge break in a string of murders in the Wichita area." The officer said to a bunch of people that were in a press conference area. "We've put out an arrest warrant on a man named Chresanto Romelo August. He was last seen running through the woods that was in the back of a mental home that is located by the Wichita Gas Station shootings. He has a light caramel complex skin, he's an African American male, and he was last seen carrying a little boy of his. If you see him, please call the Wichita City Police Department. He's wanted for the murder of 10 people, and the disappearance of 2 others."

People around snapped photos and brought out their tape recorders, waiting for what the officer was about to finish saying.

"We've also arrested the owner of the mental home along with the nurses what worked in the facility for tampering with evidence, and misconduct in caring for the mental patients." The officer continued as everyone snapped pictures. "We've found evidence that the nurses inside of this building knew that this man were committing all of these murders, also of the previous murders that were set in."

"Sir, why were the two teens arrested?" An interviewer asked.

"The first teen, Zonnique Pullins, was charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder and tampering with evidence, along with Chresanto August. Evidence at the scene shows that she's participated in these horrendous acts as well. We've arrested Craig Crippen for assault and battery of 2 of the men who disappeared, because there was also evidence that he fought with the men who disappeared as well. One of the mental patients were murdered, but we haven't found any evidence that Chresanto was involved with this murder, so were also investigating into this murder. Thank you."

Zonnique was brought to trial a month later and was found guilty of all charges. She was told that she would get a sentence of 15 years if she ratted out Chresanto, but she refused. She was sentenced to 75 years in prison for participating in the multiple murders.

Craig was found guilty of assault and battery, and was sentenced to e years in jail.

Mrs. Miner, Mrs. Lacey, and the other nurses of the building were found guilty of allowing their mental patients to carry weapons around the home, and tampering with evidence of covering up Chresanto's murders. They were all sentenced to 25 years in jail.

The mental home that everyone once stayed in, was closed down. Abby's body was shifted off to her father, forced to have a funeral that none of her friends could attend. Jacob, Babydoll, Bahja, and Rayan were shifted off to a different mental home. The newest mental home was alot more strict. They had standard rules, which was how it was supposed to be in their original mental home.

Chresanto and Romelo were never found. Police were still looking for them, but nobody knew if they were still on the run or in hiding. All they knew, is that Chresanto made sure that he got away with his son. Romelo was all that he had left, so he made sure that he took him with him whever he went. Romelo's grandmother was heartbroken.

Zonnique was placed in a prison for the rest of her life. As she always did, the security guards at the jail allowed her to eat, then forced her back into her cell, where she was staying for 23 out of the 24 hours of the day. While sitting in her cell, she sat in the corner and sighed as she lifted up her jumpsuit jacket and cradled her stomach.

She was 3 months pregnant. Chresanto was never informed about his future child. Better yet, his unknown child.

"I guess I'll take care of baby Chres on my own." Zonnique sighed as she glanced down at her round stomach, rubbing it in the process.