Chapter 3 - One Way Ticket.

"Time to wake up!" The nurse said. "It's time for breakfast!"

Zonnique bailed out on breakfast. She'd never been so sleepy in her life. She decided to skip out on breakfast and catch up on her sleep. She was completely stressed out about being in a place that she had no place being in. She was tired. She was exhausted. She was ready to leave out of there. 3 hours later, she woke up and notice that there were pills on her bed. She ignored them and walked out into a living room, only to see a girl sitting by herself. She smiled and sat next to her, only to see the girl with a bib on her chest, a pacifier in her hand, and a jogging suit on. Zonnique looked at the TV and noticed that she was watching Sesame Street.

"I'm Babydoll!" The girl cheered.

"Hello Babydoll. I'm Zonnique." She responded as she smiled.

Out of nowhere, Babydoll lifted up her bowl and handed it to Zonnique as she took the bowl.

"Can you feed me?" Babydoll asked in a cheerful tone.

"But, don't you know how to feed yourself?"

"Pwease?" Babydoll cheered.

Zonnique froze for a while, then took a spoonful of oatmeal and fed it to her. Babydoll took a bite, then started cheering. She was actually acting like a child. Suddenly, Mrs. Miner grabbed the bowl from Zonnique and gave Babydoll an angry look.

"Babydoll, didn't I tell you to stop acting like a baby?" The nurse shouted. "And did you take your meds?"

"Waaaaah! I want my food!" Babydoll yelled as she kicked her feet, causing Zonnique to jump up.

"Oh, I'll feed her." Zonnique shrugged. "I don't mind."

"No." Mrs. Miner said as she shook her head. "She needs to learn how to grow up."

"Mommy!!!!" Babydoll shouted.

"Babydoll, do you want to go to the responsibility room?" Mrs. Miner asked.

Suddenly, Babydoll sat still. Out of nowhere, a puddle of liquid started appearing under her bottom. Zonnique gasped after she realized what was going on, then covered up her mouth.

"Oh god. Oh god!" Zonnique shouted as she paced away. "Oh my god!"

"Goodness." Mrs. Miner sighed. "Lacey, please bring another towel and run the bath for Mrs. Babydoll!"

Zonnique started walking to her room, when she seen Chresanto again. He glanced at her, then started walking inside of his room. She stood there for a while and planned to follow him inside of there, when Abby walked in front of his door.

"Wrong room." Abby scoffed.

"Actually, this is the right room." Zonnique said. "I came to talk to Chresanto."

"Well, he doesn't talk." Abby said in a stern tone. "He hasn't talked in 2 years, so I doubt that he'll open his mouth to you."

"Actually......nevermind.." Zonnique said as she smiled, and walked off into her own room.

With that, Zonnique left it alone. For the rest of the day, Zonnique hung out with Kiloni. Even though Kiloni was scrawny, she was the only one with common sense. She seemed like she was the closest friend that she had inside of the place, and it seemed the same way vice versa. At night, Zonnique asked one of the nurses could she call and talk to her mother.

"Hello?"

"How's it going, Nique?" Her mother asked.

"When am I getting out of here?" Zonnique barked. "These people are fucking insane!"

"You're not leaving anytime soon." Her mother said in a stern tone. "And what's wrong?"

"One person in here peed on herself because someone wouldn't feed her, another person here thinks that there's demons and monsters, one is bipolar, and there's another person who touches every corner of everything he sees because he has OCD!" Zonnique shouted. "What the hell is this place? I don't belong here!"

"Zonnique, just wait until your trial wares out, dear." Her mother said in a calm tone.

"Whatever, mom."

Zonnique hung up the phone and made her way to her room. But once again, she noticed that Chresanto was the only one awake. She looked back to see if there were any nurses in the living room, then slowly went inside of the room. Zonnique sat down in front of Chresanto as he looked up at her, then looked back down.

"Hi." Zonnique said in a low tone.

Once again, there was silence.

"I noticed that you spoke to me, yesterday." Zonnique said. "Before I left?"

Silence.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to talk again?" Zonnique asked.

Then, Chresanto slowly looked up at her. Still, he didn't say anything to her.

"Say anything you want." Zonnique smiled. "Why don't you talk? Why don't you speak?"

"I.....uh..."

"Is she bothering you?" Abby said as she stepped inside of Chresanto's room.

Almost instantly, Chresanto went back to total silence. Zonnique looked at him, then shook her head as she stood up and made her way towards the door.

"I'm gonna just...go......." Zonnique said.

"Wait!" Abby said out loud. "Sit down."

Zonnique stood there and gave Abby a nervous look.

"Damn girl what the hell do you think I'm gonna do, bite you?" Abby scoffed. "Sit down!"

Zonnique sat down, then gave Abby an irritated look.

"I have a proposition for you." Abby said. "How would you like it if me, you, and Chresanto escaped out of here?"

"And how are we gonna do that?" Zonnique asked.

"Don't ask questions. Just know that I have a perfect gateway." Abby said in a sneaky tone. "So would you like to get out of here or not?"

Zonnique was ready to leave and she was ready to leave now. However, she felt like she was betraying Kiloni by leaving her there by herself. She only knew Kiloni for 2 days, so that was weighing heavy in on her. But if she left, that would show the ultimate sign of betrayal. But if she stayed, that meant staying in a place that you didn't belong.