Chapter 9 - Hailstorm.

"Mom." Zonnique said in a low tone as she stopped and looked at the crew. "I don't.....I don't want to go.."

"What do you mean?" Zonnique's father asked as he looked at her in confusion.

"These people are my friends." Zonnique whined. "I don't want to leave my friends. They need my help!"

"That's what the nurses are for, sweety." Her mother sighed.

"But I can help! Just like the nurses!" Zonnique panted as she looked at them. "I can help them! All of them!"

"Are you sure that the nurses will allow that?" Her mother asked.

"I'll go ask Mrs. Miner right now." Zonnique nodded.

She ran over to Mrs. Miner, grabbed her arm, and tugged her over to her parents as Mrs. Miner looked at her in confusion.

"Mrs. Miner!" Zonnique smiled.

"Yes, Zonnique?" Mrs. Mined chuckled.

"Can I please stay here a little longer?" Zonnique asked. "Please? I don't wanna go!"

"We'll Zonnique, this is a place for people that really need help." Mrs. Miner sighed. "You don't need this place, dear."

"But i'd love to help, anyways." Zonnique said. "Just think about it. Think about how everyone has bonded since I've arrived. I like to bring everyone together!"

Mrs. Miner smiled, then placed her hand on her shoulder as she looked at Zonnique's parents.

"Well, it's up to your parents." Mrs. Miner smiled.

"Are you sure, Zonnique?" Her mother said as she glanced at her.

"I'm positive!" Zonnique smiled. She sighed, then looked over at the nurse.

"She's all yours." Her parents smiled. "Just call us whenever you wanna go home, Nique."

"Oh thank you thank you thank you so much!" Zonnique cheered as she hugged her parents.

After hugging her parents, she ran inside of the mental home and yelled "I'm staying, you guys!" Suddenly, everyone ran out of their rooms and tackled them onto the ground. They couldn't have heard better news. Craig was crying, Bahja was crying, Prince was crying, everyone was just happy. However, she noticed that Roc was still inside of his room. She ran over to his room and banged violently on his door as he peeked through it, and opened the door.

"What is it, Zonnique?" Chresanto groaned.

"I'm staying, you asshole!" Zonnique cheered. Chresanto grimmed her, then looked back up at her.

"And?"

"You know that you care, you fucktard."

"Get your ass in here." Chresanto smiled as he softly grabbed her arm, and gave her a soft hug.

Chresanto wasn't a mushy person, but he couldn't have been any happier. Even though he'd only known her for a month, she was the only one who understood him for his violent ways. He didn't show it, but he was blooming from the fact that she would finally be able to stay and keep him company.

"You better not have went anywhere." Chresanto said in a stern tone. "I would've went out and murdered your ass myself."

"I believe you." Zonnique laughed.

For the next 2 months, Zonnique posed as one of the "off scale" nurses at the place by helping everyone with their personal problems. She taught Chresanto how to manage his anger a little, even though it hasn't made much of a good progression. And as for Kiloni, she continued to make her food with that supplement salt that was made for bulimics. In the process, Kiloni gained a good amount of weight, whopping in an amazing 25 pounds. She went from 90, to 115 pounds! She was still a little too skinny, but she was doing right. She even became a little close with Abby, and hung out with her and Chresanto the most. Everyone else was improving as well, but they still had a little bit more improvement to go.