Chapter 26 - Pause.

Craig did nothing but started at the small pocket knife. He glanced a little closer at it, looking at the purple knitted letter 'C' imbedded into it. He glanced all over the blade and noticed that there were small blood droplets on it. Who's blood? Who knows. Chresanto had used it on so many people that it circled around a wide range and variety of people. All Craig could think about we're the horrifying moments that had occurred with this knife. Stabbing Rayan, being sliced in the face with it over and over, him holding Zonnique at knife point, slitting Amber's brother in laws neck, and more. This wasn't just a knife. It had Chresanto and a whole bunch of other names written all over it.

But Craig needed it. He grabbed a wet wipe, wiped the blade off, placed it next to him on his bed, and went to sleep.

The next day, everyone except for the boys brought their breakfast up into the living room to eat. Everyone was waiting for Mrs. Miner to bring them their daily "pills" to take, but she hadn't come. 20 minutes later, she still hadn't brought them their pills. Right when Abby was about to check up on her, she walked out with the tray. However, she was walking abnormally slow. She slowly walked over to everyone and stood there as she held the tray.

"Are you okay, Mrs. Miner?" Zonnique asked as she gave her a scared look.

"Yes. Just....just take your pills............" Mrs. Miner sighed.

Suddenly, Mrs. Miner collapsed violently onto the floor, scattering the pills in different directions. Everyone let out a loud and horrifying scream as Abby jumped off the couch and kneeled down next to her. She placed her finger by her nose, when sprang up onto her feet.

"Oh my god. Call the police!" Abby shouted. "She isn't breathing!"

Bahja called EMS to the building. They arrived 5 minutes later and took Mrs. Miner to the hospital. Anxiously, everyone waited at the house to hear Mrs. Miner's condition. 2 hours later, she called them and told them that she was fine. Once they heard that, Mrs. Lacey drove everyone to the hospital to visit her. [The 3 stooges stayed inside of the car.] When they walked into her room, she looked completely fine. She was eating a small salad with a cup of coffee and some fruit.

"Are you okay Mrs. Miner?" Babydoll asked as she hugged her. "I was scared for you!"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Mrs. Miner cheered.

"What was wrong with you?" Jacob asked. "Why'd you collapse?"

"I'm not sure." Mrs. Miner shrugged. "The doctors have to come back with my condition."

Right when they were having that conversation, a lady nurse walked in with a sheet of paper.

"Speaking of the devil." Mrs. Miner smiled. "What do we have?"

"Well Lynette, you suffered a heart attack." The nurse said in a nervous tone. "We examined you to see if you had any diseases, but you had none. We determined that your heart attack was caused from a great amount of stress."

"So will I have to take medication for it?" Mrs. Miner asked.

"Yes, but we suggest taking a break from your daily routine for a while. Maybe a good 2 - 3 weeks." The nurse nodded. "Another heart attack like that could be deadly, so we're just trying to suggest the best possible way to avoiding it."

Mrs. Miner glanced off into space, then nodded her head at the nurse.

"Thank you, nurse." Mrs. Miner smiled. "I'll check out after I get my medication."

When the nurse left, everyone looked at Mrs. Miner in shock. Suddenly, she covered her mouth and started breaking down. Craig let out a large sigh and placed his right arm over her to comfort her.