Chapter 43 - Boomerang.

Mrs. Lacey automatically knew that her and Babydoll weren't getting out of their situation. They were let up too easy, and being that they were wanted for killing a load of officers, they had to return back to the slammer. However, they weren't going to give up their friends just that easy.

"They're.....not here.." Babydoll said in a low tone.

"Bullshit. It's obvious she's lying." The officer said as he shook his head and started making their way outside of the grocery store.

Once they got outside of there, they noticed that the large cream trailer. Inside, Chresanto was playing with Chres Jr. and Romelo. Chres Jr. was placing his feet in his mouth while Chresanto built some lego buildings with Romelo. Suddenly, Chresanto's face froze and stopped as he stared sharply off into space. Romelo looked up at him in a confused way.

"Daddy, what are you-"

"Shh." Chresanto said as he placed his index finger up into the air.

Chresanto was such a good killer that he SENSED danger. They both heard officers chanting a few words while they moved towards the trailer. Immediately, Chresanto jumped up from the floor and grabbed his semi automatic handgun from out of the other room. He peeked outside of the window, noticing that Mrs. Lacey and Babydoll were in handcuffs.

"Mrs. Miner, drive!" Chresanto said in a loud tone.

"What?" Mrs. Miner said in confusion.

Then, everyone heard a loud gunshot fly and whizz through the trailer. Everyone crouched down on the floor as Chresanto peeked through the hole that was shot though the lower part of the trailer.

"Drive!!" Chresanto shouted. "Drive, Mrs. Miner!!"

Mrs. Miner floored the car as Zonnique cradled Romelo and the baby. They'd backed into reverse, running the officers over. She whipped it into gas as the officers lifted off of the ground and headed to their car. Chresanto peeked through the hole and shot both of the officers in the ankles, shattering them. He planned to shoot the other officers as well, but the swerving of the trailer had threw him off. As Mrs. Miner entered into the busy roads, Chresanto along with everyone else had lifted up and glanced outside of the window, watching Babydoll and Mrs. Miner fade away. Everyone's mouths were wide open. Chresanto shook his head as Rayan turned to him in shock.

"What the hell just happened?" Rayan asked.

"The police got 'em." Chresanto said, scrunching his eyebrows in pain. "They're gone......they're gone.."

"You mean, they got arrested?" Meghan asked in shock.

"Yeah, man...." Chresanto growled as he threw his jacket and slowly walked into the background. "Fuck..."

"From now on, we are not stopping unless we are in SERIOUS need of something!" Mrs. Miner said as she placed her hand in the air. "We've got a full 39 days to go! No more stopping unless its for gas! We've got to keep going, or else we'll never get out of here! Understood?"

"Yes...." Everyone said in a low tone.

For 2 days, they did nothing but drive. 2 down, 37 more days to go. Everyone were just now relishing the fact that two of their people were just caught and bound by the police. This was a warning that they couldn't let down their guard. On these days, Chresanto did nothing but thought to himself. He was getting tired of being on the road, but he knew that it would all pay off when him, his children, and Zonnique made it across the border. He was laying in his bed, reading his book that he read in the mental home. Murder by the Book. While he read, Zonnique laid right next to him, staring out into the trailer window. Chresanto slowly looked up at her as she turned towards him. She stared sleepily at him, then let out a large sigh as she glanced into his brown eyes.