Chapter 14 - Skeletons.

Zonnique climbed into the backseat of the car and held Jacobs limp body. There was blood everywhere. There was a blood spatter on the back windows, back seats, and on the rear window. She propped his body up and glanced at his bloody chest. His shirt was so bloody that she couldn't see where the bullet wound was.

"What the fuck did you do?" Zonnique screamed at Chresanto as she snatched off her jacket and placed it onto Jacob's chest.

"The bump in the road caused me to fire the gun!" Chresanto yelled back.

"Why didn't you put the gun down?!"

"I was, Zonnique!"

Zonnique glanced down at Jacob and realized that blood was trickling down his mouth. She started panting hard, then looked up at him in disbelief.

"Hop in the front and start driving!" Zonnique said in a rushed tone. "I'm going to try and revive him!"

Chresanto did a large U-turn and raced to a nearby hospital. When they got there, they showed the front desk the credit card for the mental home. Doctors placed Jacob onto a stretcher and rushed him into the ER. They sat outside of the room for 20 minutes, waiting to hear Jacob's condition. Chresanto glanced around the hospital in a worried form, but when he glanced at Zonnique, he noticed that she wasn't looking at him. He could tell in the way that she was looking that something wasn't right.

"Zonnique, you know that I didn't mean to shoot him." Chresanto said as he gave her a serious look. "Right?"

Zonnique didn't answer him. She continued to read the magazine that she picked up off of the table next to her.

"Right?" Chresanto repeated.

"Whatever, Chresanto." Zonnique snarled as she kept her eyes on the book.

"No no don't 'whatever' me, Zonnique!" Chresanto said in a loud tone. "Do you believe me or not?"

"You need to lower your voice before people in the hospital hear you!" Zonnique whispered loudly as she inched closer to his face.

"Do you believe me or not?" Chresanto whispered in an angry tone.

"We'll talk about this later." Zonnique said as she looked down at the book.

"You don't believe me. Tsss." Chresanto smiled as he pulled out a book and shook his head.

"I didn't say that. I said that I don't know-"

"Whatever, Zonnique." Chresanto interrupted.

"Every time I take a joyride to the fucking grocery store, you shoot someone. You didn't even put the gun down when Jacob asked." Zonnique growled.

"I did that to scare him-"

"Well now he could possibly be dead because of you!" Zonnique whispered loudly at him.

Chresanto didn't say anything. He twiddled his thumbs, then continued to look down at the ground. Zonnique looked up at the hospital phone and then looked back at him.

"I have to call Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey." Zonnique said as she stood up.

"What the hell are you doing?" Chresanto whispered as he grabbed her arm. "You can't do that!"

"Chresanto, this isn't some random 'joe schmo' that you shot. This is Jacob!" Zonnique whispered in a loud tone as she inched close to his face. "We're going to suck it up and tell them everything that happened! We need to!"

"Nique!"

"If you really shot him by mistake, you'll be fine." Zonnique said. "I'm calling them."