Chapter 8 - Departure.

"Wha......what happened to her?" Zonnique asked in a frightened tone.

"Her name was Susanna. He killed her because she wouldn't cut her music down. That's why!" Mrs. Miner said. "Did he tell you about that?"

"No...." Zonnique said in a low tone.

"Do you know what we had to tell her family? We had to tell them that she got into a fight with one of the mental inmates!" Mrs. Miner said. "If he does something to you, we can't cover that up! He is more dangerous than you think, Zonnique. Get your mind out of the clouds!"

"I was just trying to help him like I do others." Zonnique growled.

"Well some people you just can't help." Mrs. Miner said as she shook her head. "We've been trying to for years. I'm just asking that you be careful."

Zonnique went back into her room and sat in a daze. Even though she knew that he was a murderer, every murder that was put into detail by him seemed more and more shocking. Breaking her daze, Chresanto walked into her room, sat on the floor, and read his book like he always did. Chresanto looked up at her, and gave her a "stank faced" look.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Chresanto scoffed.

"Why didn't you tell me that you killed your roomate last year, Chresanto?" Zonnique asked in a bland tone as she kept a blank stare at the wall.

"Who told you that?" Chresanto asked in an angry tone.

"Don't worry about it." Zonnique barked in a silent tone to avoid waking Kiloni up. "Why didn't you tell me that?!"

"Because it's not important." Chresanto shrugged.

"It's not important, but you beat a girl to death?" Zonnique said. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Look, what is it with you being so obsessed with the people I killed? They're gone!" Chresanto barked in a low tone as he shot an angry glare at Zonnique. "And she was playing her music way too loud, she would never cut it down, so I beat her ass. I didn't mean to kill her, but I got angry. Alright?"

"I'm obsessed with the people you've killed because i'm putting my life on the line to help you!" Zonnique whispered louder. "If you killed a girl because she played her music too loud, what would you do to me?"

"Listen. Are you scared?" Chresanto asked as he looked up at her.

"Yeah! Excuse me for being terrified of a 'murderer'." Zonnique scoffed.

Chresanto laughed to himself, closed his book, then stood up. He leaned over Zonnique and stayed there until he sat inches away from her face. She leaned back a little, unaware of what he was about to do.

"I'm a killer, i've killed seven people, I like knives, I like guns, and me thinking about killing people is what helps me sleep at night. There's not a damn thing that you can do about it." Chresanto whispered in a scary and grim tone. "If you're so scared, stay away. You're obviously not that scared if you keep trying to interact with me, so be a big girl, grab your balls, man up, and stop letting everyone's opinion of me scare you. Like I said, if I wanted you dead, you'd be DEAD."

Everytime Chresanto said that last sentence, it would send scary chills down her spine. When Chresanto said that, he actually meant it. Why? Because he was a killer.

The next day, Kiloni woke up earlier than Zonnique like she always did. One of the nurses escorted her to the large bathroom to take a shower, brush her teeth, and get freshened up. After putting on a tank top and a jogging suit, she decided to get on the scare to weigh herself out.

It said that she was 90 pounds. She sighed, then stepped off of the scale in a bummed way.

"I need to be skinnier....." Kiloni whispered to herself.