Chapter 17 - Cornered.

Zonnique stared off into space for a while, then watched as Abby strolled and skipped into her room. Once she noticed that Chresanto and Amber had went inside of his room, she jumped up from the couch and made her way to Abby's room. When she barged inside of there, she noticed that Abby was taking pictures of herself with a small camera.

"Damn, Zonnique. What the hell?" Abby jumped as she glanced a her. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking first?"

"Sorry..." Zonnique said as she plopped down onto her bed.

"What's wrong with you?" Abby said as she gave her a funny look.

"That girl that Chresanto is always with-"

"Amber?" Abby said as she looked at her.

"Yeah.....are they like, da-"

"Dating. Yes." Abby nodded. "Why?"

"Don't you think that it's a little too soon?" Zonnique snarled.

Abby stopped putting on her earrings, then slowly turned around and smiled at Zonnique.

"Let me guess, you're jealous?"

"How am I jealous because I'm asking a question?" Zonnique said with an attitude.

"Then why didn't you ask Chresanto instead?" Abby smiled. "And they've been dating for 2 months. They've been having fun with baby Shayla, too!"

Zonnique didn't say anything. She glanced down and kept her eyes on the ground in disappointment.

"All harshness included, Chresanto deserved someone better." Abby shrugged. "You blew him off when he needed you the most. That was your own fault."

"Nah I'm....I'm not jealous at all!" Zonnique smiled, putting a smile on her face.

"Well hey. We need to get away." Abby cheered as she bounced next to Zonnique on the bed. "We need to start planning how to act 'innocent' to bust our asses out of here."

"Shit I'm fine. I'm here on my own will." Zonnique laughed. "You need to figure out YOUR own way."

"Yeah...." Abby snarled.

Shockingly, she'd gotten it in an instant. Mrs. Miner walked in and smiled as she sat on the bed.

"Abby and Zonnique, Kiloni called the building.." She said.

"So?" Abby scoffed.

"She said that she wanted you two to come over and spend the night at her new home." Mrs. Miner smiled. "She said that she's not used to spending time alone at her house."

"And why?" Abby barked.

"She wants to make amends. For all of the 'beef' that you guys had in the past." Mrs. Miner nodded.

Abby turned and smiled at Zonnique, then looked at Mrs. Miner.

"Sure." Abby shrugged. "Why not?"

"Pack your bags for the weekend." Mrs. Miner said as she stood up. "Abby, I want you back here by Sunday at 5:00pm. No later than that!"

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Abby!" Mrs. Miner said in a more strict tone. "I will come out there if you're not back here by that certain time."

"Okaaaay Mrs. Miner. Geez!" Abby snarled as she rolled her eyes. "I'll be back here by then."

Mrs. Miner left the room, leaving Zonnique and Abby to sit in awkward silence. Abby smiled, then gave Zonnique an evil glare.

"This is perfect." Abby grinned. "It's time to put my plan into motion."