Chapter 12 - Transformer.

Chresanto watched as Mrs. Lacey took the baby girl away inside of the car. For seconds, he did nothing but sat and stared outside of that window as the car faded away into the busy roads of the highway. Zonnique watched as well, then noticed something that had been happening often. Small tears were running down Chresanto's eyes as he looked at Zonnique in confusion.

"I keep.......why do I keep crying?" Chresanto whispered as he looked at her. "I haven't known that baby for a full day, yet I feel bad."

"I think that it's because you're starting to have emotions." Zonnique nodded as she kept her eyes outside of the window. "There's nothing wrong with crying. Nothing at all."

As the day wore on, Abby decided to walk outside of her room and into the living room to see what everyone was doing. Everyone except for Chresanto and Zonnique were sitting outside [Chresanto often wrote to himself in his room.] and watching TV and doing their daily "diary" drawings. Mrs. Lacey and Mrs. Miner would ask could they draw inside of their books on what they were feeling, and to also write what the picture was describing at the bottom of the page.

And as always, Mrs. Lacey gave them their daily pills that they all took before they started their day. When Abby was given hers, she never took them. She always hid them in her pocket and would throw them away at a later time. While she laid out on the couch filling out her book, she noticed that Craig was looking at the pills in disgrace, watching everyone else take them.

"Why do they give us these pills everyday?" Craig barked. "Geez. I don't want to take these. I'm tired of taking them!"

"That's because you guys aren't normal." Abby laughed as she wrote in her book.

Everyone stopped writing and looked at Abby in confusion.

"What do you mean by 'not normal'?" Kiloni asked with an attitude.

"You all aren't normal, meaning that there's something wrong with you." Abby chuckled as he looked at them. "I mean why do you think that you guys were put inside of this place?"

"Well you're not normal either, because you're in here too." Babydoll said in an innocent tone as she finished coloring.

"But do you see them giving me pills everyday? No." Abby lied. "Besides, i'm in here because they're afraid of me hurting someone outside of this place."

"Don't listen to her, guys." Rayan said as he shook his head. "She's just making that up."

"Oh you think that i'm making that up?" Abby asked as she looked at Rayan. "Alright. Hold on."

Abby stood up off of the couch, and went to the front desk to ask the nurse who served them 'sanity' pills could she see the details on the back of the pill bottle. The nurse emptied the pill bottle so that they wouldn't risk overdosing, then handed her the pill bottle, ordering her that she must return it soon. Abby plopped back onto the couch and read the back of the medicated perscription bottle.

"It says 'medicated to help the mentally ill, suicidal, immune diseases, angry patients, sick patients, drug users, depression, disorders, and hyperactiveness." Abby read in a noncholant tone. "What does that tell you guys?"

"That you're a bitch who's just trying to start something?" Craig said as everyone started smiling at her.

"Hey, i'm just trying to help." Abby shrugged as she stood up off of the couch and walked to her room.

"Don't listen to her, guys." Craig scoffed as he shook his head. "She's just acti-"

"Actually, she's right..." Jacob nodded as he kept a saddened look on his face. "We aren't normal."