Intensive Care

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence, gun use, drinking alcohol, and injury. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Stella's Point of View ---

"How long is this hike?" I asked taking a sip of water, seriously it wasn't like I was out of shape – but seriously this man – he is inhuman.

"Just a little bit farther, the scenic outlook will to be die for, and with the sun out this morning it's going to look perfect."

"You know, when you said that we should stay on the island for a little bit I was thinking that we would be on the beach, drinking something with a little umbrella in it - and eating many types of food or something, not tracking."

"We can do that tomorrow; tomorrow is your pick of what to do."

"After this lovely morning walk, let's go to where they were filming Jurassic Park."

He let out a laugh, I stumbled a little bit and he turned and helped me go over a log.

"Thank you."

We kept on walking up the mountain, I picked up my pace to keep up with him. .

Honestly the exercise was helping my obvious broken heart, I was missing and worried about Hangman, we had commandeered the yacht and are going to return it in a few days when we go home.

Maverick was thrilled he got another three day's with Aurorah, I watched her on the scene, it was like Rooster and I were a distant memory, and everything was now Uncle Maverick, the girl was clearly smitten.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

I sat on the aircraft carrier, I was beyond pissed, I had told Rooster to get her back to Fightertown and he had done nothing of the sort, as far as I knew they were still vacationing.

I wasn't sure what was bothering me the most, the fact that Rooster didn't fucking do as I asked, or the fact that they were together again.

I put my head in my hands and groaned, I wanted to be with my Amethyst, but I was going to be a father soon.

There was this unselfish side of me, that was there, telling me that I should just let her be with Rooster, he was a better man and he sure as hell is and will be a better father than I will ever be.

Getting up I walked out onto the deck, and just as I was going to walk over to the aircraft's that were lined up on deck, I felt pain, a sharp white-hot pain in my chest.

I looked down to see a hole in my shirt and blood dripping down, I suddenly felt uneasy and darkness overcame me without any more warning or pain.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

She was passed out on the bed, I made sure that we did so many physical activities that it would wear her out and take her mind off of Hangman.

My phone vibrated and I walked outside answering it.

"Hey Mav."

"Rooster you and Stella need to come home."

Fear started to grip my chest.

"Oh god, Aurora..."

"No she's fine, but Hangman was life flighted back here, he's in the ICU, someone shot him."

"Oh my god...is he okay."

There was a long pause.

"Rooster, it lodged right into this heart..."

"Shit..."

"Please you need to come home..."

"I'll wake her up and we will be on the next available flight."

We hung up on one another, I had to brace myself to tell her this news, it was the last thing I ever wanted to tell her.