Aurora Seresin Bradshaw

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships and cheating – lot's of red flags, so trigger warning for that. Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

I woke up in a hospital room, it took me a moment to have my memories come back to me. I had made it to the coast in under a two days.

I was picked up by a submarine, shocked that an America sub was so close to the coast.

I had been taken to an aircraft carrier and was immediately taken into the hospital, I was injured and dehydrated, I asked to be able to call Amethyst.

"Lieutenant Jake Seresin."

"Sir?"

"You were classified earlier today as missing in action, we have a mission for you, but it requires you to drop off the map for a few months, maybe a year."

"You have got to be kidding me."

"I'm not, this is what you signed up for son, you have been trying to get into special ops for a few years now right?"

I took in a deep breath, he was right about that, but I had given up months ago."

I shook my head and stammered.

"I have a girlfriend, and a child on the way..."

"Rumor is the child isn't yours."

I balked at him, wondering how in the hell he would know that something going one with some fighter pilots shouldn't be on his radar, he clearly had down his homework, and that made me even more worried.

"Look, you should read the file before you decide not to, it might make you change your mind." He handed me a file, without saying anything else he walked out of the room, curious I opened it.

{Five Hours Later}

I was laying down looking at the ceiling thinking over what I had just read. It had to do with my past, something that I thought I had outrun, and it's a way to make amends.

I would have to leave her for a while, I prayed our love could survive this.

"Have you had a moment to think it over Lieutenant?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"I will be willing to do this... I just hope that she can forgive me, and I will be able to win her back after this, but you are right, this is something that I need to do."

--- Stella's Point of View ---

{2 Months Later}

I looked out the window, missing and thinking about Hangman.

"Hi."

I turned and looked at Rooster, we had made up about a month ago, when I had some pregnancy issues, I am fine but he was there for me, he was holding flowers.

I was on bedrest for the most part from down on, for the baby, the doctors said that I was to stressed.

With the absence of Hangman I needed someone by my side, and Rooster was just the man for the job, I smiled at him.

I didn't know if Hangman was dead or not, the military refused to mark him as 'killed in action' he was simply 'missing in action'.

Rooster brought over the flowers, taking then I smelled them, he sat on the bed next to me, I always felt safe with him, but in my heart I missed Hangman.

{9 months Later}

"Why are you fussing little one?"

Rooster teased as picked up our daughter right out of the stroller, I went into labor right on time, and after 3 hours she came into the world. Rooster was there the whole time, holding my hand. And the moment she was put in his arms, he cried, kissing her tiny nose and forehead.

We did a DNA test to confirm, but the baby was clearly his, unlike mine and Hangman's eyes – green and hazel, my daughters' eyes were nothing but brown – just like her dad.

I named her Aurora Seresin Bradshaw.

Rooster and I were not together, not officially, there had been many nights, cold nights that my loneliness had gotten the better of me, and I have invited him into my bed and he accepted.

We lived together in a modest home close to base, he was helping me raise our daughter and we were focusing on that for now.

Oddly the past week or so, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched by someone. I felt it again and moved closer to Rooster, smiling down at me he put his arm around me.