Parachute

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships and cheating – lot's of red flags, so trigger warning for that. Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

We were flying low level into the enemy area, I took a deep breath and looked to my side, seeing Coyote there, she and Bob wave at me, I took a deep sigh, happy they were with me on this run.

I wanted Amethyst in the seat behind me, but her in her delicate condition I imagine she will not be flying anytime soon.

I smiled at the thought of her, pregnant, I wanted to get home to her as fast as I could, we needed to go away somewhere, I was thinking about a cabin deep in the forest.

"I'm going in, cover me."

We dipped down lower, seeing our target there, I wrapped around and lined up my target.

"Bandits to the left...Hangman move."

I looked over, they hadn't come on my computer.

"Shit."

I turned hard to the left, happy to see Coyote and Bob going the other way, I let out a hiss under my breath when I saw the stealth fighter following me.

I made a hard turn, but the thing followed, before I could do anything, they released a missile, I did my best to advert but it clearly had a heat signature lock on me.

I aborted the moment the missile impacted my aircraft, but there was an explosion and I felt my get burned, I couldn't help but let out a cry of pain as my parachute deployed.

As hard as I stayed awake, I passed out.

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

I was at her bedside, she was sleeping again, I noticed that she was sleeping on and off, I was worried, the doctor said sleeping will make it easier for her and the baby – she needed to heal.

My phone beeped and I got up, it was Maverick, I walked outside the room, watching her the whole time.

"Hello?"

"Hi, are you with her still?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Hangman was shot down."

"Shit you are kidding..." Worry started to feel me, I didn't want anything to happen to him.

"Do you think you can let her know, we are doing everything we can to track him down and bring him home, but he is deep in enemy territory and we are not sure how we are going to manage to get him."

I put my head in my hands and ran a frustrated hand though it – pulling on it slightly, this is bad, this is really, really bad.

"Yeah I'll tell her."

"You have been granted some leave for a while to be with her."

"Thank you Mav."

He hung up, I took a deep breath and felt myself start to stumble back against the wall putting my head in my hands.

How the hell was I going to tell her what was going on... I was worried about the stress and the baby, I couldn't keep it from her.

"Rooster?" Her voice was so soft that I almost didn't hear it, I walked into the room, taking a deep breath ready to tell her.