Blue

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. 

Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships so trigger warning for that.

Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

---Stella's Point of View ---

I ate in silence, I wasn't sure why I felt so emotionally off, but I did.

Hangman picked up on it, and under the table he put his hand on my thigh and squeezed it, I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, and continued eating.

The comments and talk was very surface and I made myself eat, when we were done I left the mess hall, and walked down the corridor.

"Amethyst..." Hangman's voice was soft.

"Bradshaw, Seresin, can I see you for a moment in the battle room?" I didn't look behind me but I knew The Vice Admirals voice.

"Yes Sir..." I could all but hear him hesitate to go, but after a few beats of a moment he turned and left, I heard his heavy steps going up the stairs.

I walked away.

We were put in separate rooms, and for reasons that I didn't know or hadn't really thought about I was happy that we were not together, I needed some space.

It was dark outside and I was on the main deck looking over the edge of the aircraft carrier. The stars were brilliant and you could see the Milky way, I looked down and saw the water was eerily calm and still.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the salt sea air, take a few hard deep breaths, I had been having heart palpitations and they were not going away.

"I'm shocked to find you here."

I turned and saw Maverick coming up to stand beside me, looking out at the darkness.

"Beautiful...isn't it."

"Very much."

"Is something wrong? Both Rooster and Hangman have been looking for you, this is a restricted area."

I looked at him, it was dark so I just saw the outline of his face basically.

"Beau did me a solid."

"Clearly, so what is wrong?"

I opened my mouth to say something, I was shocked how do I explain to him that I am scared of my feeling for Hangman, and that logically I should be with a kind guy like Rooster, how I felt like I was losing control of my life and giving it to Hangman.

I looked out over the water and I looked up at the sky?

"You don't normally ignore a question...."

"Do you see that?"

I pointed out in the distance, I looked like something flying towards us, he didn't say anything at first, then he gasped.

Yes, it's flying right towards us.

It got closer and clearly it was an aircraft.

"Is that one of ours?"

"No..."

I looked at the ship, nothing was happening.

"Do you think they know that it is coming."

"No...go."

We ran across the deck, going right to the galley door, I reached the door just as the aircraft started firing, there was a sharp pain erupted in my shoulder, and time slowed but everything still went black.

--- Hangman's Point of View ---

Rooster and I were sharing a room, I was reading because I couldn't find her, I was doing my best to distract myself from worrying about her.

There was a loud alarm.

"What is that?"

The alarm told us to get all hands on deck, on instinct both Rooster and I got up and got dressed and all but ran to the war room.

Phoenix walked by us.

"What is going on."

"We are being attacked, seems they want revenge for us shooting them down."

We ran to the room, wondering if they needed us to fly out and confront them, when I got there, I saw all the pilots, confused at not seeing Amethyst – she should be here.

My focused turned to the Vice Admiral who was giving up direction.

--- Maverick's Point of View ---

I pulled her into the doorway and slammed it shut, hearing the bullets hit it, I knew they wouldn't get through, I looked down at her unconscious body.

Her shirt was now red as she bled from a wound in her shoulder, I put pressure on it.

"Come on, stay with me."

I balked at how white her face was getting and her lips were turning blue.