END.

I was still holding the knife against his throat, it was digging even deeper in his skin.

I imagined this moment so many times, how I would cut his throat if I ever got the chance.

He took so many things from me and I was ready to make him pay for that. I was taking to take it all back.

I used to think that I would never find love, how could someone love me when I didn't even love myself?

But then I met Christian, he was an old friend of my dad and we clicked instantly. He took care of me, he took me in and he loved me like a daughter.

He had nothing to gain by it, he just did it because he cared about me, because he saw the good in me.
He believed in me when no one else did.

And then there was Lando, the love of my life. He truly believed in me, he loved me even though he know how fucked up I was sometimes.

I had everything I wanted. I was loved and I was giving love in return.

I could feel my phone buzzing a few times. I quickly looked at it.

Lando 💜 :

Baby
Can you please call me?
I'm worried
I love you

What was I doing? I don't needed this. I had Lando and he showed me exactly what love was.
How love was supposed to make me feel.

I took a step back and put my knife away. "You didn't see the last of me yet" I looked at him before walking out of his house.

I wasn't gonna come back, but he didn't need to know that. I wanted him to be on edge his whole life.  I wanted him to worry.

I wanted to make his life a hell, just like he did.

Nate took us back, he didn't say a word the entire ride, but when we arrived back at his place he looked at me.

"You're pretty badass, I hope you know that"

I wasn't. Lando knew I wasn't always a badass, he saw the real me.

"And I'm sorry for messing with you" he added. I chuckled as I turned my head to him. "I am sorry for making a fool out of you in the entire Mclaren garage"

Even though it felt pretty good.

"But seriously, one day a girl is gonna kill you if you keep behaving like that" he used girls as toys, as helpless creatures, but we weren't.

We were badass bitches who could handle ourselves.

—————————

I sighed as I walked back in Lando's apartment. I was so happy I confronted my biggest demon.

Lando was laying on the couch, asleep. He probably flew straight back to Monaco after the race.

I smiled as I walked to the couch and laid down next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my body against his.

"Baby?" He mumbled. "Yes baby, I'm here" I whispered.

"I was worried, are you okay?" He was still mumbling, his eyes were still closed. "I am perfectly fine"

"And Nate? Is he still alive?" He asked, which made me chuckle. "Please tell me you didn't kill him?" He opened his eyes and looked at me.

I shook my head. "I didn't kill him, but we don't need to worry about it anymore"

"That's good, that's perfect" he mumbled, pulling me even closer. "You're perfect" he added before falling asleep. 

He was perfect, he made my life perfect. I couldn't thank him enough for that.

I looked at my last emails, there were a few of them, all from different team bosses.
Toto wishing me luck and once again apologizing, Christian asking me if I could finally answer his texts and then there was Zak.

I looked back at Lando and put my fingers through his hair.

It was time to return the favor, it was time to make his life perfect.

He deserved that, he definitely deserved that.