57.

"So Athena, where do you live?" I asked as soon as I walked in the hospitality and sat down next to her.
She quickly put her phone away as if she was trying to hide something.

Or maybe I was overthinking things, I did that a lot lately.

"Uh I live a little outside of London, with my parents" Exactly the answer I was hoping for.

I leaned a little closer to her, a cheeky smirk on my face. "And did you ever think about living with an amazing roommate?"

"What are you implying?" She knew exactly what I was trying to ask. Her smile definitely revealed that.

"I am in desperate need of having my own place but unfortunately I don't have the money"

Her smile grew bigger. "And I'm in desperate need to get away from my parents so I definitely wanna live with you"

I clapped my hands in excitement I was so happy she agreed on it even though I didn't know her that well, I kinda knew that it would be so much fun.

"I love how excited you are, but we aren't even on pole yet Ocean" George interrupted us. I was actually happy he did because it was time for qualifying.

George was already walking out the hospitality so I quickly grabbed my laptop, said goodbye to Athena and walked out of the hospitality.

"Good luck River, but not too much" Max smiled, he was walking to his garage as well.

"Oh so you're not gonna give Lewis pole to make me happy?"

He looked at me as if I just asked the most ridiculous question. "Don't dream"

We both laughed as we walked in our garages. I guess beating him fair and square was much more fun anyways.

———————

Both Lewis and George were determined to put in a good result here. They always were motivated but even more now.

But so was Lando, he put such an amazing time in and ended on P2, something we couldn't beat. His Mclaren was fucking flying.

I was happy for him, but I hated that for us. Not as if we didn't put in a fast time, because we actually did.
Lewis ended P4 and George P5, which was an awesome result.

But unfortunately I couldn't celebrate. I agreed to go to dinner with Lando but I absolutely didn't feel like it so I fell back in my old ways and decided to lie.

Lando 💀

Hi Lando
Sorry I have to cancel
Not feeling well

What's wrong?
Are you sick?
Do you need something?

No thanks
I'll be fine
Thanks though

Don't be silly
Let me take care of you

I quickly put my phone away, not answering anymore. Every driver would be in the media pen right now so it was the perfect time to sneak out of the paddock.

I wanted to be alone, so I decided to check in the hotel room Mercedes booked for me.

I didn't want to stay at Max, I didn't want to see Lando. I just wanted to be alone.

But unfortunately, I came here with Max so I didn't have a car and it was pouring rain. Fuck, this was gonna be a long walk.

"Fancy seeing you here all alone" that voice, I remembered that voice. A voice that gave me the chills.

I turned around and saw Nate standing there, leaning against his car. I rolled my eyes and started walking faster.

"You need a ride?" He asked. Yes I desperately needed a ride actually.

"No, I will walk" I quickly said and I could hear him chuckle a little. "C'mon River, get in"

I sighed. I was getting wet, my laptop was probably soaked already. I needed a ride.

"Fine" I turned back around and walked to him.

This might be the worst decision of my life but I handled him once, I could definitely handle him another time.

——————————————

What do you guys think of Athena? Do we trust her? 😏

And more importantly, do we trust Nate?