54.

The practice sessions were done and I was sitting in the hospitality with Athena.
I really liked her, we clicked so well, she made me laugh and she understood my sarcastic remarks.

"If you see Lando's PR manager in the media pen, can you give her a little nudge?" I laughed. "Oh definitely, I will even give her a big nudge"

I shook my head laughing and opened my laptop. I had to figure out a strategy and Athena had to go to Lewis.

Max V.

I need to see you
Where are you?

Where do u think I am
Mercedes hospitality obviously
Why do you need to see me?

Because I miss your lips
Is Toto there?

Haven't seen him today
Are you seriously gonna walk in here to kiss me?

Bad idea?

Very bad idea
But I have a better idea
Stay in your drivers room

Aye aye 🫡

I guess this strategy could wait for another few minutes because I definitely wanted to see Max as well.

I closed my laptop and got up, I almost ran through the paddock, no one was really paying attention to me anyways and most drivers were doing their interviews.

Every driver except Max "Going back to Red Bull now?" And Lando so it seemed. "Uh, no I am staying with Mercedes for now"

"Then why are you running in the Red Bull hospitality?" Lando asked, his eyebrow raised.
Why did he think I would tell him? Why did he think he needed to know where I was going?

"Oh just to hook up with Max" I said without giving him another look. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I definitely shouldn't have said that.

But at least I wasn't lying.

No one really cared to see me in the Red Bull hospitality, they all assumed I came to see Christian.
They couldn't be more wrong, I was trying to avoid him right now.

I quickly walked up to his driver's room, knocked on his door but I didn't wait for an answer, I just walked straight in.

Max immediately looked up at me and started laughing. "What if I was naked?"

"Nothing I didn't see yet" I laughed and ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips against his. "But I wouldn't mind seeing you naked again" I mumbled on his lips.

"Oh really?" He pulled me closer against his body.
I nodded with a smirk on my face and just as I was about to kiss him again, there were a few knocks on the door.

"Max? You have to do your interviews" it was Christian. We both looked at each other. I shook my head. I wasn't ready for him to know, not yet, maybe never.

"Yes I know, I will be there in a minute" Max yelled back and cupped my cheeks. "I will see you tonight, okay?"

I nodded. He pecked my lips a few times before walking out and quickly closing the door behind him.

I was gonna wait for a few minutes, it would be too obvious if I walked out now.

I sighed as I sat down on the couch. What was I doing? Was this really what I wanted or was he just a rebound?

Was I just trying to forget Lando by hooking up with his friend, his rival or did I really like him?

I waited for a couple more minutes before exiting his room. I walked downstairs so quickly I almost fell down a few times.

"River?" Christian asked.

Fuck, the one person I was trying to avoid was now standing in front of me.

"Oh hi, I was just looking for you" I lied. I had to come up with an excuse quickly. "How's Geri?"

Really River? That's all you could come up with?

"She's good but I was looking for you as well" he smiled. "I am doing our yearly barbecue tonight, so you obviously have to come"

"Yeah sure, sounds fun" I nodded. "Then I should go because I have to work a little more" I said as I pointed at the door and already was taking a few steps back.

"See you tonight" I could hear him say as I walked out of the hospitality.

Great, now I had to try to act normal while Max was gonna be there as well.

Max and Lando both were gonna be there.