51

"You have to get up" Max said as he pulled the sheets of my body. I was laying in bed for a couple of days already, I just couldn't get up. I cried all day, all night.

Lando broke me into pieces, he shattered me.

"Just leave me alone" I muttered, curling up in a little ball. I wanted to disappear, I never wanted to see Lando or Georgia ever again, but I had to. I fucking had to see them every single day.

"No" he sat down next to me on the bed. Max took care of me these past few days, he took me in, made sure I ate and checked on me a few times a day. "It's media day today so you have to get up"

"I don't. I'm a strategist. I don't need to be there on media day" it wasn't a complete lie, but Silverstone was an important race for both of our drivers. They expected me to be there.

Max sighed. "River, you're a badass, you can handle this"

"What if I can't?"

Max grabbed my hands and pulled me up. "There are no ifs or buts, you can handle this. Show Lando what's he's missing and this Georgia girl why she should be sleeping with one eye open"

It made me laugh, I never expected Max to motivate me like this, but he was right. I had a job to do, I had to give my team another podium and try not to kill Georgia in the meantime.

Or maybe I should just kill her.

———————————

I walked in the paddock as if nothing happened, but Georgia definitely had to sleep with one eye open. I was gonna make her life miserable and Lando's life as well.

"Hi good morning River" Oscar greeted me. We never talked that much, but he was always nice to me. "Good morning Oscar, are you ready for media day?"

He rolled his eyes laughing. "So ready" I guess media day was no ones favorite. "Is Lando here yet?" he looked at me, he still thought we were dating so I guess Lando didn't tell his team what he did.

"I don't know Oscar" I shrugged my shoulders. "We broke up" I wasn't gonna hide this. If he didn't have the balls to tell them, then I would.

He tilted his head. Lando definitely didn't tell him yet because he couldn't hide the surprise on his face. "Oh? What happened?"

"Well, he slipped and his dick ended up in another girl"

And if Lando was hoping I would sugarcoat this, then he was very wrong.

"Oh so little Ocean is single?" George smiled as he walked up to us. "I know some people who will be happy to hear that"

I wasn't really sure what he meant by that, maybe he meant Toto and Christian because they never really liked me to see me with Lando, even though they acted as if it didn't bother them.

I said goodbye to Oscar and walked with George to the Mercedes hospitality. "I'm sorry River, I know you must feel like crap but I hope you won't quit, I hope you realize you're more than just Lando's girlfriend" It was the first time I saw George so serious.

"Ex girlfriend" I corrected him.

"Ex-girlfriend" he nodded. "You made a big change in this team already and I love having you around. You're the one I can mess with but you're also incredibly talented."

"Thanks George, I really appreciate it and I'm not leaving. I promised you a podium remember"

He pulled me in a hug, stroking my back softly. "Oh I remember Ocean"

"Why are we hugging?" Lewis walked up to us with a smile on his face. "Because we like each other" George jokingly said.

I looked at the girl standing next to Lewis. It wasn't Georgia. Where was this little bitch?

"Where's Georgia hiding?" I asked. "Toto fired her, she was way too nosy it was kinda weird. I've heard Mclaren hired her" Lewis explained.

Of course they did. Lando was gonna like having her around him all the damn time.

"I'm Athena by the way" the girl introduced herself. "River" I nodded. Hopefully she wouldn't be as annoying as Georgia.

She immediately looked at Lewis when I mentioned my name, it was weird, it was as if she already hear a few stories about me.

"We need to go to the media pen, see you later River" Lewis quickly said before walking out.

Weird. This day was gonna be weird.