33.

Lando was looking at me, he was probably ready to leave me, ready to get the fuck out of my room.
I wasn't gonna let that happen.

"Don't move please" I said as I pecked his lips and got out of the bed.

I opened the door just a little bit, I didn't want him to storm in. "What do you want?" I sneered at him.
I couldn't believe he was disturbing me at almost 9pm.

"Why did you talk to Toto?"

I chuckled. "You're knocking on my door at 9pm like a madman because I talked to Toto?"

He wanted to come in my room, but I stopped him. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow" I said, closing the door right after.
I wasn't gonna talk about it now, there was also not much to talk about anyway.

I turned around to look at Lando. He chuckled a little and put his arm under his head.

"We're gonna cuddle and you're gonna explain what just happened" he said as he opened his arms.
I would never turn down that kind of invitation.

I crawled in bed with him and snuggled up to him.

"Toto wanted me as their strategist" I started with the easiest part. "But I told him off"

"Can't say I didn't expect that"

And then I had to explain him the hardest part. The part he actually wanted to know.

"Christian took me in when my parents died. He took care of me, he still does" I looked up at him. My chin was resting on his chest. "He treats me like a daughter and he's been the best father figure"

He nodded as if he already knew that.

"But you don't look surprised to hear that" I pointed out.

He shrugged his shoulders a little. "I kinda suspected something like that. I was just waiting for you to tell me"

"How?" I asked, still looking at him.

He put his hand on my cheek. "It's not that hard to figure out. The way he's so protective over you, how he called Max to talk to you and how he just lost his mind because you talked to Toto"

His thumb trailed against my cheek, down to my lips. "Thank you for trusting me" he whispered.

"It's pretty easy to trust you" I smiled and leaned closer to him, brushing my lips against his.

"You're perfect" he mumbled on my lips, pressing his lips against mine more deeply, passionately.

I don't think I would ever want to kiss someone else, he was perfect. He was everything I wanted.

He could handle me and I don't have to change. I could be myself with him, I never had to act as if I was someone else.

We kissed for a while, we kissed until our lips were plump.

"Do you wanna go to Mercedes?" Lando asked. We were finally eating our chicken nuggets.

Kissing him was way more important than eating anyways.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Christian isn't gonna allow that"

"That wasn't my question though" he put another nugget in his mouth.

"Maybe I do, they need a breath of fresh air in their team." I sighed. "But I would never betray Christian like that, not after everything he has done for me"

He nodded. He probably understood what I was trying to say. Don't bite the hand that's been feeding you.

"How were your practice sessions?" I asked.

His face immediately changed. He got tense, frustrated. "The car is pure shit and not only the car but so am I." He looked down. "I am doing such a bad job lately"

I tilted my head and cupped his face in my hands. "Hey hey, you're incredibly talented, you're honestly one of the best" I looked straight in his eyes. If he didn't believe my words, then I was hoping he would see that I was telling the truth in my eyes.

"So don't ever tell yourself that you're shit because you're not. I will believe in you until you start believing in yourself" I smiled.

His eyes softened. "Fuck River" he sighed. "I don't think I'll ever want to let you go"

"Good, because I'm not going anywhere" I smiled before pressing my lips against his.

I was so happy I told him everything. It felt as if we had no secrets between us, we could be honest with each other and that felt so good.