7.

I quickly grabbed the notebook and wrote an answer in it.
I liked how he called me mystery girl but I couldn't tell him my name.

He probably worked for Red Bull and I didn't want them to know I was who I was.
Don't show your weaknesses right?

How do you know I am a girl? Maybe I am a dude ;)
But thanks for the advice, I am great at hiding my weaknesses so that won't be a problem.

I could tell you my name but then I have to kill you and that would be a shame since you're my only friend here.

How long do already you work here?

——————-

"Can I join you for you media duties?" I jumped up as Max walked in after his practice sessions.

I had to take matters in my own hands if I wanted something. I always did that, so why would I wait for Christian to give me a job I liked?

"Uh, sure" he said as he grabbed a Red Bull can and looked at me, his face was asking if I wanted one too. I nodded.

It was free, I was never not gonna take advantage of that.

He threw one to me and gestured to follow him. "You realize I have a PR manager already, right?" He laughed.

"Then why did you say yes?"

He raised his eyebrow but he didn't respond. He probably wasn't used to someone speaking back to him.

Or maybe he was but he just didn't feel like answering. It didn't matter, I was excited to see this part of his job.

The part he hated the most but maybe I could make it a little better.

"So you just go round in circles and answer questions?" I summarized what he had to do in the media pen.

He laughed. "Basically yes" we walked to the middle of the circle because we were late.

"You're not visiting, are you?" Someone next to me asked. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Lando standing next to me.

His arms were crossed in front of his chest. He wasn't even looking at me but I could smell his cologne.

Why did he smell so nice?

"No, I'm staying" I answered. I was happy Max was in conversation with Daniel because I would've hated it if he heard this.

"Are you planning on paying me back?" He asked with no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

"And how do you expect me to do that? Sleep with you?"

He chuckled a little. "Trust me, you are the last person I want to sleep with" he turned his face to me. "You'll figure something out"

And with that, he walked out of the media pen.

The only thing what he left behind was his smell and his little smirk in my head.

"River, you have to follow me now" Max said as he was standing with a journalist and I was still thinking about Lando in the middle of the media pen. "I am sorry, she's new" Max laughed as he apologized for my weird behavior.

I liked this much better than the social media stuff, but I was gonna try as many jobs as possible.

The perks of being Christian's adoptive daughter. No one dared to say no.

"Okay, you weren't that bad, after your daydreaming in the beginning" Max said as if he was evaluating my performance. "I saw you talking to Lando, you already met him?"

Oh yes Max, we already met.

I just nodded. I didn't want to explain what happened between us.

"He's cool, I bet you guys will be friends pretty soon"

Why did everyone think that? No, we weren't gonna be friends.
And he definitely wasn't 'cool', he was quite the opposite.

The only thing I looked forward to was my notebook. I knew he wrote something in it because he always left the pen on top of my notebook.

Ha, your handwriting. Trust me, no dude writes like you.
But fine - I'll keep calling you mystery girl until you're ready to tell me.

So I'm your friend already? ;)
I like that.

I work here for a long time now.
I like it here, even though it's hard sometimes. The pressure is definitely something I struggle with the most.

What can you tell me about yourself without having to kill me?