27.

River's POV

Maybe it was stupid or immature to pie Lando off like that but I just wasn't feeling good at all.

There was nothing wrong even if he thought so. I was on my period - that was what was wrong but I didn't want to tell him.

I was emotional without any reason. I just was.
I couldn't explain it. Maybe because I missed my parents, maybe because I had to deal with the pressure.

I haven't heard from Lando since then, he probably went back home and I went to England with Christian.

I had no way to contact him, he had millions of followers on Instagram, he wasn't gonna notice me on there.

But there was one way, it was a long shot, but I had to try it.

Twitch. He was online a lot lately and tonight wasn't any different. He was looking amazing, every time he was wearing a hoodie he looked so cosy and I wanted nothing more than to cuddle him.

He was reading through his chat with music in the background.

@RiverNyx: still have to find the strategy to your heart...
@RiverNyx: guess i fucked it up with unnecessary pitstops

My messages got lost in the 100 of other messages. I expected that. It was a long shot and I would have hated myself if I didn't take it.

He finished his stream soon after, he told his chat that he had to go to dinner and I guess that's exactly what I was gonna do as well.

I had dinner plans with Christian, a father-daughter date.

"I am very impressed with you River, you're doing an amazing job" Christian said as he looked at me.

He probably wanted to give me a compliment but it also sounded as he didn't have faith in me before.
I couldn't blame him for that, I was a reckless mess before.

This job definitely calmed me down a little, it gave me a purpose.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity" I said as I put my fork down. He smiled, but there was something on his mind.

"What's going on between Lando and you?" He finally asked. There it was. I was kinda impressed that he dared to ask it.

"Nothing" it wasn't a complete lie, nothing actually happened, if you take our first night out of the equation.

"I hope you realize you can talk to me, about whatever you want"

I nodded. "Thanks Christian, I really appreciate that"

He was doing everything he could to make me happy, to make me feel loved but unfortunately this wasn't something I could talk to him about.

I stayed with Christian and his family, so we went home together.
I really had to find a place for myself, if I could even afford that.

I was laying on my bed, watching tv when my phone lit up. I noticed it was a notification from Instagram so I didn't really look at it immediately.

When I decided to get ready for bed, I quickly looked at my phone.
My heart jumped a beat when I looked at the notification.

@LandoNorris started following you.

Fuck fuck why didn't I look at it sooner. I opened my Instagram and he already dmed me.

@LandoNorris: maybe we can have a meeting to discuss your strategy to my heart?

@LandoNorris: I can give you a few tips

@LandoNorris: Cool last name btw. Glad to see it isn't Horner lol!