30.

It was pretty awkward between us after that, also because Max didn't leave us alone.

And when he did leave us alone, we just couldn't get in the mood anymore.

We flew to Canada together but headed our separate ways when we arrived at our hotels.

I sighed as I fell into my bed. Why was this so hard? I just wanted to grab his cute face and kiss the shit out of him.

Maybe I just had to do that, the tension between us was absolutely killing me.

Fuck it, time to take matters in my own hands.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out of my room, only to be greeted by Max. "Going somewhere?"

"Just trying not to fall asleep" I lied but I also didn't really lie. Lando would definitely help me not to fall asleep.

"You owe me an explanation though" he gestured me to go back in my room.

Why was this man making it his mission to keep Lando and I apart?

"I will" I nodded. "But not now"

He put his hand on my doorframe, blocking my way. "I think now is the perfect time though"

I sighed, walking back inside my room and letting him in.

"You told Christian you were staying with me but you weren't" he summarized. "You were staying at Lando's"

I nodded. "Seems like you don't need an explanation"

"Why did you tell Christian you would stay at mine?" Every time he took a step to me, I took a step back.

"Because Christian adores you and clearly wants us to be together" a selfish move. I used him to make Christian happy.

Max was standing right in front of me and my back was pressed against the wall. I couldn't take another step back. I was locked in.

"And you don't?" He asked. "I don't what?"

"You don't want to see us together?" His gaze stayed on mine.

Did Max like me? He broke up with Kelly a few months ago, I saw it all over the news but I never noticed he might be interested in me.

Did Christian set him up to this?

"I-uh never thought about it" I stuttered.

Because all I could think about was Lando.

"I did" he said confidently. "C'mon River, you're a little rebel and you like Lando?" He tried to hold in a chuckle.

"Uh-ye" I started but he put his thumb on my lower lip. "He's too nice for you, too innocent. You need someone who can keep you on your toes. You think he can do that?"

I didn't answer.

"Just think about it River. We could be pretty powerful together" his thumb brushed against my lip before letting glide to my chin.

He leaned closer, putting his hand on my cheek and whispered. "You're stunning, absolutely mesmerizing"

He let his eyes travel over my body before turning around and walking out of my room.

I let out a sigh as he closed the door behind him and let my back slide down the wall until I sat down.

What the fuck did just happen and why did it make me feel some way?

Could Lando handle me? I know I wasn't the easiest to handle but I could change, I wanted to change for him.

Max on the other hand could probably handle me the way I was right now and he was right, we would be powerful while Lando and I would just have to sneak around all the time.

He was planting a seed in my head to make me believe I didn't want Lando.
He tried to make me believe Lando wouldn't want to deal with me.

He planted a seed and I was making it worse by watering it with all my insecurities and doubts.