50.

River's POV

The look on his face said enough, the look on his face said everything.
Max was right, he did cheat on me.

"Please River, I can explain" he almost begged but I was already grabbing my clothes and putting them back on.

"You don't need to explain, I don't wanna hear it" I put my hand up. I didn't want him to get closer, I didn't want him to convince me, I didn't want to hear his excuses.

"But I wanna explain. It meant nothing, she meant nothing" he got up as well but didn't even bother putting his clothes back on. "That's even worse, you threw our relationship away for something that meant nothing?"

"No that's not what I meant" he walked after me because I was already walking downstairs, I had to get out of here, I needed to get out of here.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "Please River, it was a mistake, I thought you ran off to another guy and Georgia was there.."

I stopped him. "I am sorry, Georgia? Did you cheat on me with Georgia?"

He didn't answer, he didn't need to. He cheated on me with her. That's why she looked so tired. 

'I had the best night ever'

Yes she did, with my boyfriend.

She was smiling in my face when she knew she fucked my boyfriend.
Everyone in the paddock knew by now that we were dating so she probably knew it as well.

Fucking bitch, she didn't know what was coming for her.

"I can't fucking believe this. I gotta leave, because my heart is breaking with every word I'm saying." I walked out of his house, walking to my car as fast as I could.

I had no where to go, I didn't want to run to Christian again and I certainly didn't want to be by myself.

So the only thing I could do was call Max. He told me to confront Lando, so he probably was expecting my call.

He didn't take long to pick up, he was definitely expecting my call.

"It didn't go well I assume?" He asked. "No, can I please stay at your place? I don't wanna be alone"

"Of course, I'll text you the address" we ended the call pretty soon after that.

I also wanted to drive around for a little while, clear my head.

The tears started streaming down my face. I couldn't believe he did that. I thought we had something special, I thought he was special but I guess I was wrong.

I wanted to change for him, I already did. I was saving my money so I could pay him back because I wanted to start with a clean sheet.

But if he wanted the old River back, then I was gonna give him that.

I parked my car in front of Max's building. I didn't even know he had a place here but it was also kinda logical. He had to be here a lot, so it was only normal he didn't stay in a hotel every time.

Max pulled me in a hug a soon as I walked in. "I am so sorry River" he mumbled.
His hugs were one of my favorite things, they were definitely the best hugs I've ever had.

Even though Lando's hugs were pretty amazing too.

"You didn't cheat on me so you don't have to say sorry" I stuttered. He cupped my head in his hands and wiped my tears away. "Hey, you're amazing and so beautiful, he's the fool"

"Did you just call me beautiful?" He actually made me smile between my tears. I never thought I would live the day Max called me beautiful or give me any other compliment after I left for Mercedes.

He chuckled a little. "Yes, because you are, you are one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen"

He was just telling me this to make me feel better, but at this moment, I didn't really care.

I just wanted to hug Max, to feel loved by someone. I didn't even care if that person was the biggest rival of my current team.
I didn't care that he was Lando's friend.

Max's hugs would make everything better.