6.

The next day I put my notebook in the same place as yesterday and walked in the hospitality.
There was a slight chance the mystery guy or girl would check the table again today.

And I could really use some good advice.

"Morning River" Max said as he threw a Red Bull can in my direction. I caught it and winked at him.

I was definitely gonna like him.

"So I've heard you'll become a part of our team" he said as he walked up to me. "I am and I am very excited to be a part of the bulls"

"Good to hear that" Christian said as he walked in. "This is Blake, she will teach you everything you need to know" he said as he pointed at Blake.

She smiled a little, but I could see she wasn't used to all the attention.
Or she was nervous to be around Max, I couldn't figure it out yet.

Either way, I was definitely gonna figure it out.

"Hi Blake, I'm River" I said as I put my hand out. She quickly shook it. "Nice to meet you" she said quietly, I almost couldn't hear her.

Was she always this nervous? Hopefully she would loosen up a little.

—————————

"So the drivers are getting ready for the practice sessions and we have to cover everything that happens during them" she explained as we were both walking to the garage.

Every driver was already in their racing suits and walking to their garages.

But unfortunately one driver immediately caught my eye. It was the driver who hated me, who wanted me gone and who I tried to avoid.

Lando.

His racing suit was hanging from his waist, his lips were around the straw of his drink.
I had to admit he had very kissable lips.

"River?" Blake shook me out of my thoughts. I was staring at him again.
What the fuck was wrong with me?

"Yes I've heard you, we have to cover everything that happens" I summarized.
She just chuckled a little.

"That's Lando" she said as she looked at him. "He's wonderful, he's the cutest guy you'll meet"

Well, he will never be cute to me.

"And he's pretty good looking too, right?" She nudged me a little.

That's an understatement.

Blake was very good at her job, she put everything on Twitter, Instagram, everywhere it needed to be on in just a matter of seconds.

I was impressed and it looked as if she was actually enjoying herself.

I wasn't enjoying myself at all. This wasn't what I liked to do.

I sighed as I walked back to the hospitality after the practice sessions. I had to tell Christian, maybe he could fix another job for me.

I didn't want to sound ungrateful but I knew myself, if I didn't do something I liked, I would ditch it so fast.

And for some reason, I didn't want to quit. I wanted to stay here.

For once, I didn't want to steal creditcards and use other people's money. I wanted to earn my own.

I grabbed my notebook from the table and I couldn't help but smile as I saw my mystery guy answered.
It was definitely a guy, I could tell from the handwriting.

He still had a nice handwriting for a guy though. Maybe it was someone who worked for the media, someone who had to write a lot.

Oh muppet, there's so many things I could tell you but you've to figure out most of it by yourself.
If there is one thing I can tell you, it's that you can't show your weaknesses - they'll take advantage of that.

So mystery girl, what's your name?