11.

Lando's POV

I was ready for this race. I got to start at P4, which was unbelievably good for us.

I arrived early at the paddock today, in the hope to catch my favorite notebook laying on the Red Bull table, but it wasn't there.

She probably wasn't here yet. I was actually quite nervous about my last message to her.
Would she figure out who I was?

Golf, video games and sushi, I left it quite vague but I was afraid that in combination with my age, some people could probably figure it out.

She had to work for Red Bull, there was no way she would leave her notebook in front of that hospitality if she didn't work there.

Every girl in a Red Bull shirt made my heart skip a beat.

22, probably writes a lot, lost both parents but was still fucking strong.
But it could be anyone because I didn't know the Red Bull employees like that.
I didn't know what they liked or how old they were.

I almost bumped into Jon as I was walking to the drivers parade. "Mate, look where you're going please" he laughed.

"I am sorry, I was thinking about something" I mumbled. During most of the drivers parades, the drivers were in separate cars, but not today.

We were all together today, it's how I liked it the most because it was definitely one of the best moments to gossip with each other.

"That probably hurt a lot" he chuckled. "What?" I looked at him confused. I wasn't really paying attention to our conversation.

"Nevermind" he rolled his eyes. "You've to go though" he patted my back to remind me I had to go to the drivers parade.

I walked on the truck, putting my cap on backwards. Max immediately walked up to me and greeted me with a usual handshake.

"How are you mate?" He asked. "Good good, ready to beat you" I laughed, we both knew no one would be able to beat him.

"Keep on dreaming, you won't beat me. Especially since I have a new strategist" the smirk on his face betrayed that I wasn't gonna like who their new strategist was.

"Who?"

"River" his smile grew even bigger. He knew it would annoy me. Even her name annoyed me.

I smiled. "Then it's gonna be even easier to beat you"

"Don't underestimate her, she might surprise you. She can definitely blindside you" he patted my shoulder with a little chuckle.

Oh Max, you have no idea. She already did that. She already blindsided me, not because I underestimated her, but because I actually liked her.

Or at least liked spending time with her, not only because she was amazing in bed, but also because I liked her personality.

I ditched my friends for her that night.

After the drivers parade, everyone got ready for the race but I had one thing to do before I could jump in my car.

I had to go to the Red Bull hospitality. It was pretty empty, everyone was either in the garage or vip seats.

It was the perfect time to read what my mystery girl said and obviously to reply back.

Hello hello,

I am so ready to read everything you write.

Sorry, but we can't have sushi dates. We'll figure something else to do on our first date.

Why exactly would I be happy Max got pole? You're assuming I work for Red Bull, I see. ;)

PS: I would say no to pineapple on pizza, I like plain pizza Margherita more anyways.

PSS: I would like to meet you