22.

I walked to the paddock with a big smile on my face the next day.
Yesterday evening was awesome, I had so much fun with him.

Unexpected but still one of the best evenings I've had.

"River!" Someone yelled my name. I didn't even need to look to know who it was.

I turned around. "Nate" he looked bad, he probably didn't get much sleep and for one second I actually felt bad.

"I lost my job because of you" he started raising his voice but he quickly stopped. "I need this. River, I need this job"

"I didn't fire you Nate" I shrugged my shoulders and turned around. How was it my fault? He was being an asshole and I just called him out on that.

"River, I swear I will hur-" he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "I suggest that you don't finish that sentence" Lando walked up to us, causing Nate to take a step back.

"Lando, please talk to Zak" he focused his attention on Lando. "Why would I?"

"Because you owe me that" he said. Lando and I snorted at the same time.

"I owe you nothing" Lando said and grabbed my hand, pulling me with him. "Let's go"

"Oh I see why you fired me" Nate started laughing hysterically. "Because you think you've a chance with that bitch"

I don't know what it was, but he was the only one who could get under my skin like that.

I turned around and wanted to punch him in the face but Lando grabbed my hand again and pulled me behind him.

He cupped my face and looked at me. "He's not worth it River" he whispered.
I nodded, he was right. Nate wasn't worth it, I would get in a lot of problems if I did something stupid here.

Lando and I just ignored him and walked in the paddock. I didn't expect him to leave it like that, but I wasn't gonna think about it anymore.

He wasn't worth my time.

"River, my office, now!" Christian yelled as he was standing outside the hospitality.

"Your boss is mad" Lando laughed but took a quick look at his hospitality. Zak was also waiting for him, with his arms crossed in front of his body. "Your boss is mad too" I chuckled.

"Bye Romeo" I jokingly said, waving a little. "See you later Juliet"

I couldn't help but smile as I walked to the hospitality but my smile quickly disappeared when I saw Christian's face.

"What did I do now?" I sighed. He threw his hands in the air. "Follow me"

He obviously didn't want to discuss it here, so I followed him to his office.

We both sat down, I immediately crossed my arms in front of my body.

"What is your business with Lando?" He came straight to the point. "Nothing? Can't I be friends with guys anymore?"

"You're our strategist!" He put his hands on the desk and looked at me.

I knew this wasn't about that, he didn't care that I was their strategist. He was taking his father role a bit too serious.

"I don't see the problem" I said calmly.

"The problem is.." Christian started raising his voice but calmed down pretty soon. "That I don't want you to get hurt"

Lando wasn't gonna hurt me, I didn't like him like that but Christian probably thought we did.

"Don't worry, we are just friends, I promise"

Which we weren't. We weren't even friends. We were acquaintances.

He nodded. "I hope you know that you can tell me everything" he got up and pulled me in a hug.

Even though I didn't tell him enough, I genuinely love him. He cared for me, he wanted me to be happy and even if I was a little shit most of the time, he would always support me.

I couldn't wish for a better father figure.