56.

After the encounter with Lando, I got into a bit of a fight with Max. He just didn't get why I would go to dinner with Lando.

And I just couldn't explain why I actually agreed to that.

I went to the bathroom, trying to avoid both Max and Lando for a while.
I sighed as I put some water on my face. My mind was a mess right now, what did I get myself into?

Suddenly someone opened the door which made me jump a little. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought no one would be in here"

It was Lewis, I guess he needed to get away from all these Red Bull people too.

"Don't worry, I probably have to go back anyways"

He looked at me and I guess he figured it out then and there, I wasn't just an ex employee for Christian.
I could see it on his face but he didn't ask me about it.

"Are you okay though?" He asked as he walked closer. "I am fine, it's just a mess sometimes"

"What is?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "My life I guess" I sighed as I leaned against the sink. He took another step to me, he was standing right in front of me now.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you're an amazing woman" his hand brushed against mine as he leaned closer. "But you shouldn't let these little boys mess with your mind"

"I guess you're right" he was definitely right, I've never let guys pull me down like that.
I definitely had to take control again.

He smiled and his thumb touched my hand softly, gently, probably on accident. "If you need to talk to someone, then I'll always be here for you"

"Thanks Lewis" I cleared my throat, standing a little more straight. "Anyways, I should go back before they come looking for me"

He nodded and the smile disappeared from his face.

I walked out of the bathroom, making my way back to the garden but I followed Lewis' advice and sat down with Geri and Christian instead of Lando or Max.

What did just happen though? Lewis definitely opened up to me since I first started this job. I liked him and felt comfortable around him.

But I didn't feel comfortable back there. I had to admit my heart was racing.

Don't let those little boys control you River.
Don't let guys in general control you.
Take back your life.

————————————

Max and I were laying on his couch together. His arms were wrapped around me.
We started a new series on Netflix but I don't think either of us was really paying attention to it.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked softly. I shrugged. "I think I need my own place" that was definitely not all I was thinking about, but it was the most important thing for now.

I needed some independence. I needed to rely on myself but unfortunately I couldn't pay rent here alone.

"You could do that or you can move in with me" he said as casually as could be. "That's a bit soon though and besides, we're only hooking up once a while, right?"

He looked at me as if I just offended him in the worst way possible.

"Are we though?" He tilted his head a little. "We aren't hooking up now" 

To be fair, we only had sex once but we kissed a lot.

"I'll think about it" I said but my mind was made up already.
It would be way too soon to move in with him and I needed some time to myself.

Maybe Athena would be up to be roommates. It would definitely be fun and we worked for the same team so it wouldn't be so weird.

But the other thing on my mind was Lando. I agreed to go to dinner with him and I already regretted that.

Did I want to talk to him? He probably could make me forgive him with a snap of his fingers.

But on the other hand it wouldn't be too bad to actually listen to his side of the story.

But don't let him manipulate you.
Don't let him control you.