59.

It was pouring rain and this fucking hotel only had an outside parking, which was might I add, a long way from the entrance.

I was completely soaked by the time I entered the hotel. George was actually kind enough to also tell me her room number.

He was secretly rooting for us, I knew that. 

I let out a soft breath before knocking on her door. I bought some food on the way here, she probably wasn't sick, she just didn't want to see me.

Too bad because I wasn't gonna let go of her so easily.

"Lando? What are you doing here?" She asked as she opened her door. She was frowning, looking at me up and down. "You're soaked"

Don't make an immature comment about this Lando, this isn't the right time.

"You told me you weren't feeling well, so I brought food" I said as I held up the bag with food.

But she wasn't feeling sick at all, I was right. She wasn't sick, she just didn't want to go to dinner with me.

"That's... cute" she smiled and opened the door a little more, allowing me in.

I walked in her room and looked around. Her suitcase was laying on the ground, still unopened. There were no clothes laying on the chair next to the bed, no shoes on the floor.

She didn't sleep here, she hasn't been here since today. I knew her too well.
She was a messy person, especially with her clothes.

She clearly stayed with someone, probably Max. I clenched my teeth against each other. I couldn't make a comment about this, she would kick me out instantly.

"So are you feeling any better?" I asked, forcing a smile on my face. "Uh yeah, but do you need clothes or something?"

I didn't even realize I was still soaked but I would rather jump off a bridge than wear clothes who were probably Max's. "No thanks"

"Yes, you should put on different clothes Lando, I don't want you to get sick" she opened her suitcase and threw some clothes out.

That was my messy girl.

She held up a shirt and jogging pants. "Those will fit you" she smiled.

Yes those would obviously fit me because they were mine. She brought my clothes with her.
I shouldn't be so happy about this, but I was because that definitely meant I still had a little chance.

She got up and walked up to me. I put the food down on the little table and looked at her.

Her beautiful face, her dark eyes that seemed even darker since we broke up.
Her nails were painted white, it fitted beautifully with her tan. I swear she got tanner every time I saw her.

"Lando?" She shook me out of my thoughts. She was standing in front of me, still holding up the clothes.

I took my wet shirt off and let it fall on the ground. We locked eyes just a little too long.

I don't know what happened, I don't know what got over me but I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"I am sorry River, I'm sorry for everything but I can not live without you. I can't stand to see you with someone else because you belong with me"

My hands traveled over her body, up to her face. I loosened my grip a little when I felt that she wasn't gonna take a step back.

"I love you, I love you so fucking much and maybe I'm out of my mind for thinking you might still love me but you're the only one I wanna fight for"

Her gaze was on mine the entire time. There was a little sparkle in her dark eyes and before I knew it, her lips were on mine.

She was kissing me and I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. I pushed her against the wall, one hand on her cheek and the other against the wall.

Our tongues twirled around each other. I missed her taste, I missed her kisses.

I missed her.

It was such a passionate kiss, probably the best we ever shared. I pecked her lips a couple of times before making my way to her neck.

She closed her eyes as she felt my lips against her neck. "All mine" I mumbled on her neck. "All mine, correct?"

She opened her eyes again. "All yours, Lando"

"Good girl" I praised her. I couldn't be happier to hear that. She was everything I could wish for and she wanted me.

Me, out of everyone.

I was the third one who asked if she already left the paddock. Max would be the first, there was no doubt about that.
But who was the second one? Was it another driver or just a Mercedes employee?

"Lando?" Her voice echoed through my thoughts again.