48.

Lando's POV

I almost ran in the MTC this morning, I was so late but I just couldn't sleep at all last night.
I kept tossing and turning.

Should I tell River about what happened that night? I just assumed she was doing the same thing, going to a bar and sleep with a random guy.

Why didn't I trust her? She ran to Christian, someone who she saw as her father.

I just felt bad for listening to Max, for letting him talk me into doing something stupid.

I should've never hooked up with.. "Georgia? What are you doing here?" My heart dropped, don't tell me she was my new PR manager.

Please Zak please tell me..

"Lando, I see you already met your PR manager" Zak smiled as he walked up to us. "She used to be Lewis' PR manager so she has a great working experience"

She was Lewis' PR manager? Fuck fuck fuck.

"But I would rather work with Lando" she said with a smile on her face. "That's what we like to hear" Zak laughed before walking away.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" It was a stupid question because I knew exactly what she was doing here. "Working"

She brushed her fingers against my arm. "I'll be everywhere you go"

I took a step back. That was the last thing I wanted.

If she worked for Lewis, then she probably met River but she didn't tell her because River was still the same.

Or she knew and she was just acting as if she didn't. Fuck I was overthinking this.

"Did we have sex?" I whispered. She giggled, she just giggled. "If you need a reminder, let me know" she winked and walked after Zak.

I still couldn't believe it. I didn't remember, but I definitely remembered kissing her. I kissed her while I had someone as perfect as River.

Max planted a damn seed in my head. He convinced me she would cheat on me after one argument.

'Sweet but psycho'
'That's what she does, she just runs to someone else'

Yes that's exactly what he did and I let him manipulate me.

I was kinda relieved that she worked for me now, at least she wouldn't be close to River anymore.
I needed to keep her away from her.

—————————

"So where is your girlfriend mate?" Max Fewtrell said as we were sitting outside.
River told me she was going to Milton Keynes to talk to Max, but she still wasn't home.

"She went to see Verstappen" and hopefully he wouldn't tell her what happened between Georgia and I.

"They're friends? I thought she worked for Mercedes?"

I nodded. "They were friends but Verstappen got mad at her because she went to Mercedes"

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. I got up and almost ran to the door.
I don't know why but I wanted to make sure River was still in love with me.

I opened the door, River was standing in front of it. "Hi baby" I smiled and so did she. "I am sorry I'm late, I was stuck in traffic"

"No problem at all baby, I'm happy you're here" I opened the door a bit more and she walked in. I was dissecting every move she made. Was she acting differently? Did she smile like she normally would?

She walked straight passed me, to the garden where Max was sitting. "So you're his best friend?" She smiled as she introduced herself to him.

I was relieved, Verstappen obviously didn't tell her because she took the seat next to me and leaned closer to me.

"I am and you must be River" his eyes scanned over her body and face.
Yes she was beautiful, stunning, the talk of the paddock but she still chose me.

Out of everyone she picked me and I fucked it up.

They started talking and laughing. She had that effect on people. She made everyone feel comfortable around her, including me.

She was straight forward and not afraid to put people in their place but she was also the sweetest soul I've ever met.

I put my hand on her thigh and she turned her face to mine. The look on her face changed a little but she still smiled and pressed her lips against mine.

This girl was gonna be the death of me. I just wanted to kick Max out and make love to this beautiful girl.