19.

Lando's POV

I was standing in the garage, looking at the statistics from FP1. We were pretty fast around here, this track definitely suited us.

I couldn't stop thinking about River. I had to admit that I felt jealous when she told me she was going on a date with Nate. Him of all people.

I knew how he talked about girls, he used them for sex. Didn't think they were equal to men.
I absolutely couldn't stand him and she deserved so much better than someone like that.

"How was your date with the Red Bull girl?" One of my mechanics asked Nate.

I turned around to them, leaning against the table and crossing my arms in front of my body. This was getting interesting.

Nate shrugged. "She stole my fucking car mate. I paid for her fucking food then she lured me inside, fucked me and stole my car"

Sounded like the River I knew, apparently she didn't change at all.

"Well at least you had a good fuck" the other one laughed. "It wasn't even that good, she's a boring bitch in bed" he snorted.

That wasn't true at all. River was a lot of things, but boring in bed definitely wasn't one of those things.

"Hey asshole" someone yelled through our garage. River walked in, looking at Nate. "You can't be in here" Nate yelled and looked at me for confirmation.

"She can" I said. It was finally getting interesting here, I wasn't gonna send her away now.

"Don't worry Nate, I'm not here to spy. I am here to return your shitty car" she said as she threw the car keys at him. He didn't even catch them, the keys fell on the floor and he had to bend down to pick them up.

"Where is it though?" He asked as he got back up. "I parked it somewhere in Monaco, good luck finding it"

"Fucking bitch" he mumbled. He probably wanted River to hear it as well. She started laughing.

"Did you tell them how you tried to force me into sucking your dick?" She took a step closer to him. "Did you tell them how low you talk about girls?"

"What's going on here?" Oscar stood next to me. I was still watching the both of them. "Just River being a badass" I mumbled.

"As if I would ever open my legs for you" she chuckled as she looked him up and down. He was a good looking guy, so many girls liked him, until they got to know him.

And then she noticed me looking at her. Her eyes stayed on me for a moment and I didn't look away either.

"My standards are way higher" she said as she walked up to me. My heart started to beat faster, I swallowed and stood a little more straight.

Get it together Lando.

"My standards are unrealistic, unreachable" she was standing in front of me. Her dark eyes staring in mine.

Her fingers brushed against my arm before she walked out of the garage.
I followed her with my eyes, she didn't look behind her.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I think she meant you" Oscar whispered as he leaned closer. I turned my head to him.

She obviously meant me, but she probably just wanted to rile up Nate.

"Don't go there mate" Nate said and looked at me. "She's the devil"

"Is it true?" I yelled over at him. "That she's a bitch? Yes it's true" he started laughing with another mechanic.

"Is it true that you wanted to force her?"

His face dropped a little so I knew it was true. "Lando mate, you know better than anyone that these bitches try to use us for money"

"That's all I needed to know" I nodded and walked out of the garage. His face was pale.
He knew what was gonna happen.

He would be gone at the end of the day.