68.

Lando and I were both laying on the bed of his hotel room. It was our safe place, a place where we could be ourself.

He was on his phone, scrolling through Tik Tok while I was reading.
If you didn't know any better, you would think we were a normal couple without any worries.

"What are you reading baby?" He looked up from his phone and looked down at me. I was laying on his chest and showed him the cover of my book.

How to build a car by Adrian Newey

"Really?" He chuckled. "You're one of a kind"

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's interesting though, maybe you should read it sometime"

"Because I can't win races?" At first I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. He was dead serious.

I looked up at him, his face said enough, he definitely thought he wasn't good enough, not talented enough.

"Are you crazy? You're so talented and you're definitely gonna win a race, more than one" I put my book to the side and crawled on top of him. "Why do you feel like you can't win races?"

"It's like every time I'm on the verge of winning a race, my team messes something up with the strategy or tires, it's like we all get too nervous, too excited"

It could understand that. He wanted this so much that even his team could feel the pressure.

"But one day, one day you won't be too nervous and you'll have a team who makes all the right decisions" I brushed my fingers against his chest. "One day, you'll be on top of the podium"

He nodded. He probably still wasn't convinced but I would tell him every day if needed.

"Will you be there tomorrow?" He asked, almost begging.

I was planning on going back to Monaco early, since I had no job anymore and I had to meet Nate, I had to fix everything.

But Lando needed me now, he needed me with him and he was way more important than anyone else. "Of course"

He smiled, putting my face in his hands "I love you" he pressed his lips against mine. "So much"

"And I love you" I mumbled.

We were badass people outside of this door, but we could be vulnerable with each other.
That's what I loved so much about him.

—————————

"So I guess we are not hiding it anymore?" I laughed as Lando grabbed my hand and walked in the paddock together.

He told me about Georgia, she wasn't opening up to him, at least not about Nate.
So we figured it was kinda useless to keep playing with her, even though she deserved that.

She definitely did.

"I don't wanna hide you, I wanna show you off" he smiled, pulling me closer.

It was Saturday, time for qualifying and I was gonna watch it in the Mclaren garage.

Mercedes already replaced me, but neither George or Lewis seemed too happy about it.

"Don't you have to be on the Mercedes pitwall?" Zak came up to me as Lando was putting his helmet on.

"I got fired" I said. He probably didn't care, he never liked me anyway.

He raised his eyebrow. "Really?" I just nodded. "Pretty dumb if you ask me" he muttered and walked away.

He was so weird sometimes, so unpredictable. I couldn't read him at all.

Lando walked up to me, wearing his helmet and ready to get in his car. "Good luck baby" I said as I grabbed his helmet and kissed it quickly.

He hugged me before jumping in his car and smiled. I just smiled when I saw him doing what he loved.

"It's not good to see you again" Georgia chuckled as she stood next to me. She was literally so annoying, who even says something like that?

"Why? Because I have the guy you want?" I turned to her, she just started laughing. "I can still have him, I took him once, I can take him any day"

"I would like to see you try" I said as I walked closer to her. "And if you even try to touch him, I'll cut your throat"

Her laughter died down.

"And I mean it, I won't be so nice next time" I looked her in the eyes. She didn't say a word, she just walked away.

If she thought she could play me, then she was dead wrong.