3.

"I am happy you decided to join us this weekend" Christian smiled as he was walking with me through the paddock.

I didn't think I had a choice? Did I? Because I would be gone immediately.

"So what exactly do you want me to do here?" I asked as I looked around. I had to admit that it looked pretty impressive.

There were so many people running around, I didn't realize how important Christian was around here.

"Just help wherever you can" he shrugged his shoulders.

So he didn't have a job for me. Surprising.

"Sure" I nodded but I wasn't gonna help wherever I could. I was gonna enjoy this weekend.
We were in Italy so at least the weather was nice.

I still didn't need to find another dude to scam because Lando still didn't realize I duplicated his creditcard.
I was starting to feel bad for him, so I also tried to spend a lot less.

"Now behave" Christian shook me out of my thoughts as we reached a big blue/red building. Obviously the home of Red Bull.

I smiled, but he also noticed it was a fake one. "I always behave" I chuckled as we walked inside.

I immediately noticed the fridge filled with Red Bulls. It was exactly what I needed right now. I quickly grabbed a Red Bull.

It made Christian roll his eyes again. He was so easily annoyed, especially with me.

He gestured at someone to come over as I was trying to open this Red Bull can. "Max, this is River, she's my.." he started introducing me.

He wanted to introduce me as his daughter.

"His annoying adoptive daughter" I quickly interrupted him. I was neither of those things. I wasn't his daughter nor did he adopt me.

But it got us out of an awkward situation

"Hi River, I'm Max" he introduced himself as he held his hand out. I quickly shook it and looked at him.
He was tall, with pretty blue eyes, he looked muscular and he had a noticeable accent.

Maybe I should've listened to Christian's stories about Max more, then I would at least know more about him.

"So you are Christian's adoptive son?" I tried to break the ice.
Christian didn't look amused but he had to admit that he loved Max as a son.

Which wasn't a bad thing at all, it was cute.

Max laughed a little. "I think I am gonna like you" he said as he grabbed the can out of my hands and opened it in one quick movement.

He gave it back to me with a smirk on his face. "Show off" I chuckled. "But thank you" I whispered as I walked out of the hospitality.

I wasn't gonna stay here with Christian, I wanted to go explore this paddock.
It was huge and I saw an ice cream stand when I walked in.

I definitely wanted some ice cream.

I walked back to where I saw the ice cream stand and ordered two spoons of vanilla. Very basic but most of the times, it was the best flavor.

"River?" Someone said from behind me just as I put my tongue against the ice.
I quickly turned around and fuck, it was Lando.

He was tanner and more muscular than when I met him. His curls were perfect and so was his face.
I didn't remember that he was this good looking.

But he knew my name? I never used my real name when I was planning on scamming rich dudes. Why did I give him my real name?

Because I wasn't planning on scamming him. I just wanted to have fun with him until I saw his apartment.

Fuck.

"Hi Lando" I smiled and tried to walk away as soon as possible.

It's been five months and he still remembered my name. He still remembered me.
I didn't expect that to say the least.

"What are you doing here?" He said as he followed me. "Eating ice cream" I answered as I started to walk a little faster.

"Vanilla huh? I never expected you to like basic flavors" he looked at my ice cream as if he wanted to kill it.

I tilted my head in confusion as I looked back at him. A little smile curled on his lips.

"Since you like to spend my money on expensive things"