9.

Everyone was getting ready for qualifying, so no one was really left at the hospitality.
It gave me time to think, time to check my notebook but there was no reply.

I sighed a little but it didn't matter. Everyone was busy today so he probably just didn't have time to write something.

Why was I so desperate for him to write something? It was as if it was the highlight of my day.

I decided to clear my mind and walk to the garage to actually check qualifying for the first time.

The mechanics were sitting together on either side of the garage while Christian and some other guys were sitting at the pitwall.

I stood behind some of the mechanics on Max's side of the garage and looked at the broadcast.

Max was doing great while Checo was struggling. He was fighting to keep his head above the water.

I just didn't get why they let Checo struggle like that. They always put him out right in the traffic.

Unsurprisingly Max got pole and Checo only ended P5. Lando on the other hand finished P4.
He outqualified one of our drivers and I hated that.

I wanted to make sure that he would never beat him again. Preferably I would wanna see him at the bottom of the pack.

"Why do you let Checo struggle like that?" I asked as Christian walked back in the garage.
He titled his head in surprise. "What do you mean?"

"Your timing is so bad, he was always stuck in traffic, how do you expect him to do as good as Max?" I was confused. Why didn't they treat him like Max?

"Or don't you want him to do as good as Max?" I asked which made Christian chuckle.
"Of course we want that"

He looked at me, as if he figured something out. "I think I have the job for you" he smiled as he gestured to follow him. "You'll sit next to our strategist tomorrow"

"Wait what?" I stuttered.

"You heard me. Our strategist is going on maternity leave so we need someone to replace her and I think we found her"

I didn't expect this to say the least. "Uh yes that would be absolutely amazing" I said as I clapped my hands in excitement.

"But stop doing that" he said as he looked at me with a little bit annoyance. I quickly stopped clapping my hands.

I couldn't believe he would give me a chance like that, I wasn't gonna let him down even if I had no experience whatsoever.

Christian went back to the garage, so I quickly turned around to walk back to the hospitality when someone bumped into me.

"Watch out" Lando said as he looked at me. "You ran into me, idiot" I spat out.

It looked like he came from the Red Bull hospitality and he was in a hurry because he was late for his media duties.

"Why are you standing in the middle of the paddock like that?" He looked at me in confusion. "That's none of your business Lando"

"Yeah whatever, just watch out, you're not the princess of the paddock" he groaned as he fixed his racing suit around his waist and walked off.

I didn't even have time to reply.

Fuck, this guy was literally the worst person ever. I absolutely couldn't stand him.

But seeing the pen laying on top of my notebook, immediately put a smile on my face.

He answered. He finally answered.

I quickly grabbed my notebook and I couldn't wait to read what he wrote about himself.

Hi my mystery girl,

I won't give you pity but I hope you realize you're very very strong.
I'd also like to read one of the things you wrote, I bet it's amazing.

I am 23. (I know you threw your age in there just to be sure I am not an old dude)
I love to play golf and video games whenever I have time.
I absolutely hate sushi, so don't ever try to give me that.

Did you enjoy yourself today? I bet you must be happy because Max is on pole.