40.

"Fuck, baby we overslept" Lando said pretty calm even though we were gonna be in a lot of shit.

I quickly looked at the time. Fuck we had to be in the paddock half an hour ago.

"Fuck" I said as I grabbed my stuff as quickly as I could. Great first impression River, they're gonna be so impressed.

"Where did you throw my jacket baby?" I asked as I looked at Lando. He just shrugged his shoulders. Last night was amazing. We had the best night and I was even more in love if that was possible.

"Take mine" he said as he threw his jacket. "Oh I will" I chuckled and put it on. It still smelled like him. "Now let's go cutie" he smiled and grabbed my hand.

I didn't even have time to brush my hair or whatever. I would definitely make a incredible first impression.

We both walked in the paddock together but went our separate ways pretty soon. He had to go to the Mclaren garage and I had to make my way to Mercedes.

"Good to see you, I thought you already changed your mind" Toto said as he saw me walking in. "I am so sorry, it won't happen again" I felt bad, I didn't want him to regret his decision.

So I was gonna do everything to get these boys on the first row, or second.

"Good luck boys, we do this together remember" I said to everyone who wanted to hear but especially to Lewis and George.

They both looked at me but didn't say a word. I didn't care, they could be annoyed with me, as long as they didn't hate each other.

"Late night?" Bono joked as I sat down on the pitwall. "Working hard on the strategy" I gave him a quick wink because he probably exactly knew what I was doing last night.

"Then I expect you to have one hell of a strategy" he said and we both started laughing.

Unfortunately, I didn't.

Austria was a track where Red Bull was incredibly quick. It was called the Red Bull ring for a reason.

If we wanted to beat them, we had to work together.

Q1 and Q2 were surprisingly easy. They both got through without any problems.
"Give them both new soft tires and please tell them to think about track limits"

I wasn't gonna ask one driver to give the other one a tow, not yet. It was my first weekend.
They had to do it themselves.

At the end of Q3 a lot of drivers got their time deleted because of track limits, but fortunately our drivers didn't, so they qualified P3 and P4.

It was a perfect result and they did it all by themselves so maybe they weren't as hopeless as I first thought.

"Amazing job guys" I smiled at the engineers and walked in the garage. Toto nodded at me with a smile on his face.

"Praise your drivers when they walk out of the car" I whispered.

Even though Lewis won a lot of races, he still wanted to be praised, everyone did.
So did George, he was still a little wolf so Toto definitely needed to motivate him.

Toto nodded affirmative.

I put my hands in my jacket, I was proud, we made all the right decisions and this team was working together.

That was exactly what we needed.

I felt a little paper in one of the pockets. Knowing Lando, it was gonna be a receipt or something he was too lazy to throw away.

I took it out of the pocket and opened it.
It was a letter and I recognized the handwriting, because it was mine.

It was a little bit of my story I gave my mystery guy. Why did he have it? There was only one possibility, one reason why he had my story.

He was my mystery guy.