xi. blood, lights and sleepwalking

The door shut behind Danielle as she entered, the click of the door and everyone's footsteps echoed around the house

The door shut behind Danielle as she entered, the click of the door and everyone's footsteps echoed around the house. When she glanced at the rest of them she noticed Dustin passing flashlights to Nancy, Robin, Val and Jessica. While Lucas and Max were holding their own. Danielle frowned remembering she had left her duffel bag in the truck that was near Reefer Rick's house where her flashlight was.

Lucas tried turning on a lamp only for it to click every time with no progress. He sighed glancing at the rest of them. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill."

Dustin pressed his lips in a thin line turning on his flashlight making Steve stare at him dumbfounded seeing the rest of them have flashlights except for Danielle who was empty-handed. Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "Where did everyone get those?"

Dustin looked over his shoulder with a look of disbelief on his face. "Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child."

Steve stared at him blankly as Jessica snickered. "Thank you."

Dustin sighed as he handed Steve his backpack. "Back pocket."

Steve took out the flashlight extending it out to Danielle who shook her head not wanting it. "That's the last one. Take it." She told him remembering that Dustin usually only has five flashlights in his backpack. He was always prepared.

"No, it's not." Steve looked back inside the backpack seeing no more flashlights. "Oh-"

"Told you." She giggled as Steve dropped the backpack on the floor with annoyance at always being wrong.

Barely any sunlight made it through the first windows near the door, it's all boarded up. The place is musty, almost rotten as it smells of decay. Valerie sneezed a few times at the amount of dust in the abandoned house, her eyes watery when they met Danielle's. "There's a lot of dust." She told the blonde wiping her nose.

Danielle scrunched her nose when a pungent acidy smell appeared, as she stopped near the staircase. She didn't dwell on it as she saw Max's attention somewhere else. Her gaze goes to the tall grandfather clock towering over the both of them, eerie and familiar, almost like she saw it at the school. Max glanced over her shoulder when she heard the blonde's breath hitch. "You see it, don't you?" Her voice a mere whisper silently praying it was there.

Danielle slowly nodded. "Is that real?" She asked wondering if she was in another trance like back at the school.

Max frowned at the question but called out the rest of the group. "Hey guys, you all see that right?" she asked as she shone her light at the clock.

Steve and Dustin nod replying in unison. "Yeah."

Valerie and Nancy walked closer to them. "Is this what you saw? In your vision?" Max nodded not taking her eyes off it.

"Your vision?" Danielle asked confused as to what they were talking about.

"The one at the school." Valerie answered making the blonde furrow her eyebrows.