ix. never again

Nobody moves, it was in that moment that Danielle truly realized how dark the woods were

Nobody moves, it was in that moment that Danielle truly realized how dark the woods were. Nancy and Jonathan point their flashlights looking around looking extremely scared. Both of them looked prepared almost as if they knew something was here.

"Crowley, turn off your flashlight." Nancy speaks up while turning her head in every direction making sure nothing jumps out attacking them. Danielle doesn't ask questions and does what she is told. By their facial expressions something is telling her that there is something wrong here, and the unsettling feeling today in her gut wouldn't settle.

"Can someone explain what is going on?" Jessica asked becoming agitated.

"Jonathan, where did the body go?" Nancy brushed off Jessica's question staring at Jonathan who shakes his head uncertain.

"I'm not sure." His voice is quiet almost like a whisper.

Danielle hears Jessica mumble under her breath. "Body?"

Danielle steps away from her sister walking toward where the blood was. Her vision in the dark wasn't so bad, but it wasn't good either. She could faintly see a trail, as if something was dragged away. Could that have been where the deer was that Wheeler had mentioned earlier?

The blonde walks around not realizing that she had walked away from the others. A faint growl caught her attention, she knows that in most horror movies when you hear something you should run back to the group but instead she walked toward where the noise was.

That's weird. It wasn't raining but she heard a noise of something dripping. Walking towards a certain tree the noise becomes clearer, as she got closer a light is pointed directly to her face once again.

"What are you doing?" Everyone has to stop asking her that question.

She squints her eyes seeing a figure behind the flashlight. "Can you stop pointing that light at my eyes. Wheeler, point it to this tree."

Nancy furrowed her eyebrows in question but still pointed the light at the tree revealing a gooey dark clearing in the tree, as the light is pointed to it spects of red shines. It almost looks alive.

"Gross. What is that?" Danielle scrunches her nose in destain.

Nancy kneels down getting a clearer look. "I'm not sure, here hold this." She passes the flashlight to the blonde putting her backpack and bat down on the ground getting closer to the hole in the tree.

"What are you doing?" Now Danielle was the one who asked having an uncertain expression as she watches Nancy.

"Getting a better look." Nancy extended her hand into the tree where all the goo is at. "There's something in here." She pointed out as she moved her hand side go side feeling it hollow.

Before the blonde could say anything Nancy is crawling through. "Wheeler." She whispers harshly as Nancy disappears. "And here I thought older people were supposed to be smart." She mumbles as she crawls into the same hole that Nancy had just disappeared into.