v. valerie bishop

"I didn't write that note

"I didn't write that note. Can we just drop it?" Danielle told her sister with a bored tone. Jessica had left her alone for the rest of the night but entered Danielle's room by picking the lock in the morning, breaking in.

"I don't know what to believe anymore but I believe you." Her sister's tone was sincere. Danielle knew she was telling the truth.

So she didn't speak, she woke up late at night and decided to put her gifts on her bed. She is currently sitting down, deciding to start and open her gift aware that her sister is watching her.

She opens the smaller gift with the red wrapping revealing a dark blue cassette player with six tapes next to it. She takes out the device and the tapes along with it. She glances up at Jessica as she reads the first tape, she holds it up showing it to Jessica, allowing the other girl to enter her room.

"Gloria Gaynor, Love tracks album. Pretty sure this is for you." Dani smirks as Jess rolls her eyes takeing the tape out of her hand.

"You're never going to let me live that down, are you?" The older girl sighs as she sits on Dani's bed.

"Your relationship with Jonathan Byers literally lasted three days and you listened to I Will Survive every day for a week" Danielle deadpans as she remembers those dreadful days. Jessica acted as if she had broken up with the love of her life it was really pitiful. "It's hard to let you move on from that."

"First of all, I was fourteen. Second of all...I wanted to be an actress, so I had to be dramatic at some point." Jessica chuckles, remembering looking out her window dramatically as if she were in one of those romance films.

Danielle rolls her eyes "Okay, sure."

Jessica takes a tape and reads a label smiling then hands it to Danielle "You'll love this one."

Dani furrows her eyebrows worried if she would be worried or not. As she reads the name of the song, she looks up at Jessica "Seriously?"

Jessica smiles "I don't understand your obsession with that song."

The younger girl scoffs "It's Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, why wouldn't you be obsessed."

"It's a love song. Have you been in love?" Jessica's wiggles her eyebrows with a smug look knowing that it will annoy her sister.

"No, but it's a groovy song. Also you can't tell me shit because I saw you dancing to this song in the living room once."

Jessica's facial expression of smugness falters into a face of defeat "Okay you have a point it's a groovy song. What the next one?"

Danielle read the third tape and sighs as she looks up at her sister "Are you trying to tell me something? I've never heard this song but from the title I think you're implying something "

Jessica looks at the name "Bad Reputation is such a good song. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah, whatever" Danielle looked at the name of the artist, Joan Jett. She won't admit it but the title of the song sounds good. "Why so many tapes?"