i. arcade failures

It's was October of 1984, this year had been the most boring uneventful year of the century

 It's was October of 1984, this year had been the most boring uneventful year of the century. According to Danielle Crowley, everyone else would say otherwise but what everyone else says doesn't matter to her. After the events of last year everything has gone back to normal, as far as normal could be. Kids going to the park and hanging out with friends, teenagers throwing parties even during a school night, adults having dinner talking about the news or gossip.

Then there was Danielle, she didn't fit in any of those categories. Kid, teen or adult, she was a complete outcast. Hanging out with kids her age, absolutely not. Instead she would hang out with students older than her. High schoolers. One of them being her sister Jessica and her sisters best friend Valerie.

No one hangs out with their siblings, most siblings pretend they don't know each other. Take the Wheelers for example.

The students in her grade are already thirteen while she's still twelve, her birthday being in November is a complete disadvantage. Just because they are a few months older they think they have a sense of superiority above her.

She's proven them wrong plenty of times. Her title "The Menace Of Hawkins" has gotten her even more advantages that students her age would never have. No one is surprised anymore when the school lockers are vandalized anymore, or when the teachers walk out of their classroom's with their faces flushed red with anger. They know who it is without question. Unfortunately for them they can't do anything about it.

Danielle is on top of all her classes, her grades exceed past expectation meaning they can't expel her. Her pranks are minor, not excessive which won't cause her suspension. The most they can do is give her detention. Which she never attends, all teachers are have learned what she is like. They know as long as you don't tell her anything she'll leave you alone. She is known for being quick with her words, anytime a teacher tries to humiliate her she doesn't waste a second talking back. It's always failure by failure in the school system to keep her in control.

So they give her advantage that no other middle schoolers gets, not that they had a choice. For example, she doesn't have to stay during the whole class for the lecture. The teachers let her leave early since she is ahead with their work. She just comes in class, sits down in her seat then confirms that's she's there for attendance. Leaving whenever she wants. Always hangout out at the library or cafeteria, either reading or drawing. The students always look at her with distain on their faces, she could hear them whispering saying how she is so full of herself and how she thinks she is better than them.

She is better than them. Anyone with half a brain can see that. But she didn't think she was full of herself, they were all the same. Human. Humans who didn't ask to be born.

Her title started off as a very anticlimactic situation. You would think she did something illegal like commit arson or kill someone to give her a title like that. But no, they started calling her a menace simply because she didn't fit the towns expectations. She wasn't an open book, didn't care to socialize, didn't dare dress the part. Honestly the reason they call her menace is simply because she told a woman she looked like a hooker.