iv. 1983

It was the 7th of November 1983 , meaning Danielle has only been back at Hawkins for an hour, but it felt longer

It was the 7th of November 1983 , meaning Danielle has only been back at Hawkins for an hour, but it felt longer. It also meant Benny had been dead for who knows how long. She didn't want to think about it, if she thought about it then it would be real and she couldn't handle that. Not again.

Danielle was in the car waiting for Jessica to return, her sister is currently in the police station talking to Chief Hopper about....him. Danielle rubbed her eyes, the exhaustion catching up to her. She blinked two more times before her vision focused as she looked out through the window, seeing the lights illuminate the entire town, mostly the woods. She kept herself occupied thinking of all the possibilities on why the town felt more on edge, everything felt off. Murder in Hawkins has never happened, perhaps that was it, her father got murdered and the entire town is looking for the suspect.

She scoffed at her pathetic thought, the town wasn't brave enough to go looking for a murderer. She scolded herself, despite her barely turning twelve today it wasn't an excuse to be stupid. Murder couldn't be possible. But she knows that isn't true.

Her eyes skim around her surroundings outside the window, she noticed a paper from the corner of her eye but one paper would be a lie. There were so many papers stapled everywhere, some were ripped, others were wet and some were littered on the ground. She looked at the paper that was taped to the police station window. She didn't believe it until she reread the it over and over and over again.

Holy shit.

Will Byers was missing.

Her thoughts were disturbed as the car door opened from the passenger side Jessica entered silently, she closed the door and she just sat there. The entire car turned cold due to the wind that Jessica let in. Danielle looked at her sister who has now matured into a woman. Jessica's cheeks had no signs of baby fat anymore, her cheek bones where visible now and her eyes have become a darker blue making her look intimidating. Her jaw line was now shaped and her hair grew longer. There isn't much to say about her height, she hasn't grown since the beginning of her Sophomore year.

Jessica coughed away a sob, it was obvious but Danielle didn't comment. She knew her sister was trying to keep herself strong not for Danielle, but mostly for herself.

"It was suicide" is all Jessica says her voice sounded strangled as if someone was chocking her.

"I don't believe that" Danielle muttered dryly, folding her arms over her chest.

"Dani" Jessica choked on a sob. She knew what was going to happen next, Jessica was going to agree to whatever story they told her in there and try to make it make sense. But nothing ever makes sense, it never did.

"Don't try to convince me that it was suicide Jess. He wouldn't commit suicide on this day, especially this day" She started "Despite his health issues he wasn't depressed. He was so excited for us to come back home"