vi. reunion

Danielle threw the duffel bag in the passenger seat as she sat in the driver's seat of the vehicle starting the engine

Danielle threw the duffel bag in the passenger seat as she sat in the driver's seat of the vehicle starting the engine. She lowered the windows as the smoke of her cigarette would leave a horrible smell in her truck. Jessica had left earlier in her convertible while Steve picked up the others, Danielle gave her sister a list of stuff Eddie would most likely want from the store. 

The blonde reversed out of her driveway going over to Reefer Ricks. She didn't get any sleep last night, no surprise there. Ever since her night terrors started four months ago, she couldn't even close her eyes, most of the time she would pace around her room as if it were on fire. Danielle was currently wearing her Demin jacket with a black top underneath, some loose jeans and her old pair of black converse.

She meant what she said last night, she needed to leave Hawkins for good, but she couldn't do that until she knew everyone was safe for now. Knowing that she wouldn't be back home in a good few days she packed extra clothes and grabbed a few more tapes for her Walkman. Jessica would most likely tell the others about her plan of departure, but Danielle never mentioned when she would leave so they probably wouldn't think she would be there today.

She blew out the smoke finishing the cigarette throwing the filter out of her window as she continued driving. It didn't take long as she finally parked her car next to Steve's, she took her keys out of the ignition getting out of the truck walking over to the shed opening the door entering. What she didn't expect to see was Jessica holding a bat looking ready to attack. "Woah." Danielles eyes widened taking a step back raising her hands surrendering. "I come in peace."

Jessica let out a breath lowering the bat down. "Danielle!" She groaned as the bat fell on the floor with a clank.

The blonde glanced at all the others who looked just as startled, Eddie jumped out of the canoe taking the tarp off. "Crowley?" He perked up with a huge grin.

Danielle chuckled. "The one and only." Eddie walked over towards her pulling her into a hug.

"Your sister said you were leaving Hawkins." Eddie mumbled before taking a step back letting go. 

"I am but I just wanted to see how the situation was before I left." Her eyes went to every single person in the room, her breath hitched when she realized what jacket Max was wearing, light blue with a bit of yellow. She cleared her throat before glancing at Dustin and Steve. "So, what's the situation?" Eddie walked back to the canoe sitting down grabbing his box of honeycomb cereal. Danielle stood behind Max who was sitting on the stool across from Dustin. Both Steve and Jessica were standing next to each other while Danielle was standing beside Robin. 

Robin scrunched her nose as she sniffed the air before leaning over to Danielle. "Why do you smell like cigarettes?" she whispered. 

Danielle shook her head. "We'll talk later." Robin nodded as her gaze went back to the curly-haired boy. 

Dustin scratched his neck. "So, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" the question was directed towards Eddie.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie replied with his mouth stuffed with cereal as he lifted up his drink.