ii. runaway max

School was over meaning Danielle was free

School was over meaning Danielle was free. She was always the first one to walk out and get her bike without running into anyone, the bad part was she couldn't leave immediately. Ever since the event of last year Jessica had made it her mission to keep an eye on her, so once school is over, she gets her bike and goes over to the High School waiting next to Jessica's black 1969 chevy Camaro convertible. Valerie's uncle came over and visited her on June, it was her birthday she had just turned seventeen. As a present her uncle had given her the convertible which she accepted despite the fact that she wasn't able to drive so she gave the car to Jessica saying that the car suites her better. Her sister was reluctant on accepting the car, but Valerie somehow convinced her telling her that she was saving up to buy her dream car and that she wouldn't be able to get it if she already owns a car.

Their bond was like no other, Danielle has never seen such a friendship. Both of them adopted a dog, they share money, Jessica has a drawer at Valerie's house and so does Valerie at their house, and now Valerie gave her sister a car. You'd think the both of them were married.

Danielle walks over to the High School with her bike to her side, her sister always parks at the empty parking lot. No one ever parks next to them only this time there was a blue car parked next to the convertible. Jess and Val weren't seen anywhere and apparently the owner of the car park next to them wasn't either. Danielle leans against her sisters convertible inspecting the car next to them. This car seems familiar to the one that almost ran into her.

The blonde heard a skateboard making it's way in her direction, she glances to the left seeing that familiar redhead. It seemed the new girl recognized her as well as she glared at her. Danielle looks at the car then back at the redhead squinting her eyes as if she trying to figure out a puzzle.

"Stop staring" The girl Max speaks to her for the first time, well basically she was demanding.

Danielle stays silent for a second just staring at the girl before speaking "You didn't happen to almost run me over yesterday, did you?"

She can see the surprise in the girl's eyes, she didn't get an answer because to redhead looks at something behind her. Danielle feels a hand grab her shoulder "Hey" Valerie smiles at her then at the redhead. "Who is your new friend?"

"We're not friends" Both girls answer simultaneously.

Valerie looks at them with a weird expression "Its like looking at a clone" she mumbles as she glances over her shoulder seeing Jessica walk towards them.

Danielle makes eye contact with her sister and doesn't bother to greet her "I'm here, you saw me, can I go now?"

Jessica unlocks the car opening the drivers seat "Where are you going in such a rush?"

"The arcade, I want to beat my high score. Could I leave?"

Her sister gives her a look "No"

"Jess, this isn't fair" her sister has been trying to become more authoritative lately.