iv. out of the loop

Something was going to happen, she could feel it

Something was going to happen, she could feel it. All day she had been observing the nerds, especially Byers. It seemed that Max had caught on as well, Danielle decided to stay in class out of curiosity and boredom.

The lesson was about Phineas Gage and how his incident had caused him to act differently than he was before. As Mr. Clarke explained the incident of the dead man, Will seemed to have felt eyes on him coming from her direction causing him to turn around. Only he didn't look at her, his gaze was on the person behind her. All she could see was confusion and insecurity in his facial expression.

Once he focused his gaze back on Mr. Clarke Danielle turned around looking at the redhead who seemed to be staring at Will. 

The redhead felt the blonde's eyes on her resulting her in quickly adverting her gaze back to the window. Danielle thought that would be the end of it but no. It seemed it was just the start. Not only was Max acting weird. So was Henderson who entered late to class which was rare. She noticed that his attention seemed to be on his backpack almost like he had brought his pet to school or something.

It seemed the group would meet at the Av club, Henderson made it very clear as he kept telling Max who seemed to have gotten the clue. It was really sad to watch as the redhead keeps trying to be part of the group only for the douche Mike to keep treating her like garbage. The other boys seemed to like the redhead so why doesn't he?

Danielle is definitely out of the loop. Seems like no matter how much she tries to avoid being involved for her sister's sake, the universe seemed to have a different idea as it keeps making her cross paths with them. Like right now, School has ended, and Danielle is walking down the hall witnessing Max banging on the door with her fist "Come on. Can I come in yet?" 

"No!" She heard the voice of Mike yell from the other side of the door. Such a prick.

"Guys!!" She huffs frustrated slumping down to the floor "damn it."

"What are you doing?" A voice asks her, looking up she sees Danielle staring at her clearly uninterested but if she wasn't interested then why was she asking.

"None of your business" she responds. This is giving the blonde flashbacks of when the skater fell into her backyard.

"You're still trying? Seriously, it's not worth it."

Max scoffs irritation taking over her expression "of course you think would that. You're a loner, what would you know about anything."

Danielle would be taken back if she hadn't expected the change in attitude from the redhead. But Max has been hanging out with the nerds meaning that they must have told her whatever bullshit everyone else would say "Right, but look at where i'm at and look at where you are. From my view you're the one sitting on the floor being treated like an outcast"

Max stayed silent looking down at her hands, fidgeting.

"Here" Danielle sighs throwing a bobby pin at the redhead. Max looks up at her confused "You're cool and you ride a skateboard, which makes me think that you know how to pick a lock" she wasn't lying. No one here in Hawkins could ride a skateboard like the redhead could, especially at her age.