vi. the voice

"Great" She winces as the sound of thunder hits her ears

"Great" She winces as the sound of thunder hits her ears. One of the many things she hates about this town are the thunderstorms. Danielle pushes her blanket off getting off from the sofa. Turning on the lamp on the nightstand. The light illuminates, lighting half the basement. This basement was bigger than Danielle and Jessica's rooms combined.

Half of the room was a hangout space while the rest was a library/study. Her guess is that Valerie is the only one who hangs out here. She gets up going up the stairs leaving the basement.

It's so dark.

Everyone is probably sleeping. She can't turn on the television if they are asleep, so she decides to look out the window. She goes on the sofa and puts the blinds up, but she can't see anything, she couldn't until lightning struck again and she saw four short figures walking towards Mike Wheelers house. She isn't sure if her eyes are deceiving her or not, but she swears there is a small girl with them.

"Hey" Someone pats her shoulder making her turn around quickly.

"Valerie" She breaths out, Danielle doesn't show it, but she was definitely caught off guard. She didn't hear the girl walk downstairs.

"Sorry. Can't sleep?" She sits next to Danielle, wearing casual white pajamas. Do people still wear pajamas these days? 

"No. I don't think anyone can sleep through thunderstorms."

Valerie gives her a cheeky grin pointing upstairs " You'd be surprised."

Danielle eyes widen in shock "She can sleep through thunderstorms?"

"She's definitely a different breed" Valerie chuckles. Both of them stay silent until Danielle breaks the silence first.

"Do you know what happened to Will Byers?" She asks the brunette besides her who has a frown on her face.

"He just vanished. Never got home. No body knows if he was kidnapped or-" dead. None of them say the word, it has so much meaning especially during this week, its filled with sadness. It makes Danielle think if the brunette knew Byers.

"Were you two of you close?" She asked against her own judgment.

Valerie hesitates before giving her a nod " He used to come over to show me his drawings."

"Well let's hope he is not dead then" Once the words left her mouth, she regretted it. Valeries eyes started to get shiny which meant crying was about to happen, and she had said the unspoken word.

One thing that can be said is that Danielle Crowley isn't one to comfort someone.