iv. you're not alone

The next morning the girls had left El's cabin to check for any clues that something is wrong with Billy

The next morning the girls had left El's cabin to check for any clues that something is wrong with Billy. Max was still in denial, but the other two girls had a feeling that something was incredibly wrong. Danielle wondered what would have happened if the bottle never chose Billy's name, would things have been normal.

"It's gonna start pouring soon." Max commented as the thunder rumbled. Both the redhead and the blonde were holding hands walking next to El. The weather today was quite a drastic change to yesterday's weather, Danielle was wearing a blue jacket while the other two were wearing short sleeved shirts "We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something. 

"You don't believe me?" El frowned furrowing her eyebrows.

"I believe that you saw some super weird stuff, totally, but you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right?" She looked at El who nodded. "So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just sensed you.....somehow."

Danielle shook her head. "Well, not exactly, El had said Mike felt her while Billy was looking straight at her. That doesn't sound right." nothing about this is right. 

"But the screams." 

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing. When Billy is alone with a girl, they make, like, really crazy noises." Max grimaces making the blonde tug the redhead's hand, they were not about to have the sex talk with El.

"Autumn..." She murmured.

"They scream?"

"Yeah, but, like...happy screams." The redhead continued making Danielle to nudge the redhead. 

"Happy screams? What are happy screams?" El asked exasperated not understanding how there could be such a thing as happy screams.

"It's like..."

Danielle groaned deciding to cut in before the redhead said too much. "Think of it as the boys screaming because they had won their D&D game. That would be considered a happy scream."

"The girl did not sound like she was happy." El responded as they stopped in front of Max's house.

"His car's not here." Max observed.

The blonde let go of her lover's hand looking over at her house then back at the girls. "Hey, the two of you check it out and let me know if you find anything. I need to talk with Val really quick."

"Is everything okay?" Max asked concerned along with El who had a sad expression on her face remembering that she witnessed the older girl sobbing yesterday.

"I'm not sure yet. But just barge into my house once you two are done looking around." The blonde leaned forward giving Max a peck on the cheek. "Let's hope it's nothing." She nodded to the two girls who were wishing the same thing. 

She made her way to her house, unlocking and opening the door. The house was dull, and cold. Danielle looked in the living room and saw Valerie cuddling with Toothless. She looks horrible, it looks like she hadn't slept in years. The brunette seemed to be in her usual white pajamas. Danielle guesses that her shift isn't until later.