vii. daily thing

If you had told Danielle that she would end up in the backseat of Steve Harrington's car with Dustin Henderson

If you had told Danielle that she would end up in the backseat of Steve Harrington's car with Dustin Henderson. She would have punched you in the face then left. This was never supposed to happen, she was supposed to stay out of it. But no, this time she practically walked right into it.

Being in the car with Jessica's archenemy wasn't in her bingo card of the year. Neither was kicking a previous deformed lizard that evolved into a boney flower opening monster into a cellar. Thats aside from the point. The point is she's basically betraying her sister.

Throughout her stay at the Bishops, Valerie would try to become close to her, which Danielle was reluctant for obvious reasons. She will admit that she has taken a liking to the brunette. Who wouldn't? Her bubbly personality, caring, unbiased opinions. She is perfect, especially when she would tell Danielle what was going on with her sister. 

During the months that Jessica was avoiding her due of taking care of the dog. Valerie would tell her everything that happened at school. Before and after. Danielle has heard it all. Both Steve and Jessica are known for hating each other. Whenever they are in a room you could expect havoc to be caused. The week after Jessica practically beat up Harrington, he didn't let her off the hook despite keeping his word that their father wouldn't hear anything about the situation.

Steve had humiliated Jessica at the cafeteria tripping her causing her drink to spill all over her. Danielle didn't know about that. She also didn't know that on that same day Jessica had been given a milkshake from Valerie. Who knows what was going through Jessica's mind that she poured the milkshake over Harringtons head. The entire day both of them were covered with a beverage. Of course, Valerie was upset Jessica had poured the milkshake, but she quickly forgot about it the next day when Jessica brought her food.

Ever since then Jessica and Steve have been at each other's throats. 

Danielle doesn't know how Harrington knows about the upsidedown or how he even connects to all of this. But she doesn't care since he will probably be the one saving their asses in this situation.

Its dark as they drive down the road, the car is filled with silence aside from the fact that there was music playing in the background. Then Steve decided to ask the stupidest question possible. 

Danielle doesn't even try to explain letting Dustin tell him how big Dart is now. Both Steve and Dustin go back and forth raising their voices. Danielle peers out the window wondering where Jessica could possibly be. It isn't like her to leave so suddenly, Dani isn't worried more like curious. She knows her sister can take care of herself.

They pulled up into Dustin's driveway which was still empty. Dustin's mother seems incredibly committed to find a cat that is no longer alive. They got out of the car, both Steve and Dustin going to the truck to get the so-called bat with nails. She doesn't even understand why he even has it in the first place.

Once he got his bat, they made their way to where the cellar is. She couldn't hear anything at all. "I don't hear shit" Steve stated the obvious.

"He's in there" Dustin stood his ground.