ii. dump his ass

Work had been alright

Work had been alright. Sure, last night she fell out of her window and almost ate shit, and perhaps Billy Hargrove had witnessed it. But aside from that it was fine.

Danielle was currently sitting on the curb of the road watching Max adjust to the new skateboard the blonde had given her last year. The redhead wasn't going to accept it considering it had been Danielle's birthday, but when the blonde told her it used to be hers and that it was practically rotting in her closet Max took it hesitantly. 

Danielle was a lot better with a bike, she didn't have the patience to learn how to ride a skateboard, so she had given it to Jessica, but the older girl had broken her arm on that same day losing control.

On this same exact road where the redhead was practicing.

"Autumn, be careful." She told her lover as the redhead failed to do the trick again.

"I will." She replied back. Max tried again trying to flip the skateboard only this time she misplaced her foot causing the skateboard to roll forward faster making her trip almost falling. "Shit." 

Danielle stood up immediately in concern. "Are you okay?" she looked at the redhead scanning for any injuries.

"I'm okay. I just can't understand why I couldn't do it. I used to do this so easily." Max groaned frustrated. "This is what I get for not using the skateboard in two months."

 "You almost had it that time."

Max stared at her not believing a word. "I'll pretend I believe you. Let me get my skateboard so I could try again." The redhead turned to the direction where her skateboard rolled away only she didn't walk, instead she stared ahead looking confused.

Danielle furrowed her eyebrows wondering what the redhead was looking at. She turned her head and saw El holding Max's skateboard in her hands walking towards them with a serious expression.

When she reached them, she stopped in front of the redhead handing her the skateboard. "Hi."

Max stared at the brunette confused. "Hi?"

"Hey." Danielle greeted, but when she saw the Eleven's expression, she frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Can we talk?" El glanced at the both of them.