xiii. nothing has to change

"Stop moving, I'm going to burn you

"Stop moving, I'm going to burn you." Jessica said frustratedly looking at Danielle through the mirror doing her hair for the Snowball. A whole month had passed by since the events of last month. Everyone was finally able to take a breather, away from the upside down and the Mind Flayer. No longer having to worry about people looking for Eleven.

They finally had some closure in a way, there had been two funerals last month, one for Bob and another for Barb. Only the blonde attended Bob's, she didn't know Barb at all.

"This is child abuse." Danielle winced as her sister pulled her hair on accident.

"I'm sorry. This would be ten times easier if you had actually let your natural wavy hair free and not brush it out every minute. Stay still!" Jessica exclaimed as she was so close to burning her sister's ear.

It was obvious that the blonde had to go against her will to the dance. Both Valerie and Jessica happen to volunteer and Danielle swears that this was her punishment for risking her life.

It was all Steve Harringtons fault; he had told them everything in full detail. He had sent her an apology letter saying that Jessica threatened him and that he really didn't have a choice.

She believed him, after all no high schooler would send a middle schooler a note with a full written apology and twenty dollars.

"All done, ladies?" Valerie asked as she walked into the bathroom seeing the blonde's pissed off expression.

Jessica smiled looking down at her sister's hair feeling proud of herself. "All done. Let's go."

Danielle looked at herself in the mirror as both the teenagers went to get their stuff. No way in hell did Jessica convince her to wear a dress, absolutely not, she didn't allow it. So, Danielle was wearing a black blazer with a white shirt under tucked in her black jeans and black shoes that went with the outfit. Jessica wasn't happy with her decision, but it was either that or she wouldn't go.

Her hair was down and extremely wavy considering that Jessica had just done her hair. The blonde sighed, she could handle a simple school dance, all she had to do was endure it long enough.

Danielle walked out of the bathroom only to hear a small click and a light flashed blinding her eyes once again. "Why is this becoming a habit for people?" She blinked twice looking in front of her. Valerie was holding a camera looking down at it with a smile.

"You look cute." She complimented the blonde.

"Let's just get this over with." Danielle walked past Val going outside to Jessicas convertible waiting for the two teenagers. Here goes nothing.

Normal middle school dance. What could go wrong?

 What could go wrong?