v. the test

Danielle was an observer

She had never been one to take action. Her whole life it was about watching and learning. The people around her were her entertainment. Her lesson. They taught her, what should and shouldn't be done.

She must have learned nothing. Especially in the position she was in now.

She had lost everything. Her entire world was broken.

She thought back, all the way to the summer of 1985 and how the signs were there. It was right there, in front of her. How did she not notice?

She felt so stupid.

So, fucking idiotic.

She could have done more.

Why didn't she stay.

She should have never left.

Why?

Why?

Why?

She heard that low dark tone echo in her mind.

The sound of the heart monitor snapped her out of those negative thoughts. She couldn't go to that dark place. Especially since he's still lurking around.

Max's heartbeat was enough to keep her from losing it. It anchored her. Just barely.

"I'm sorry, Autumn." She mumbled as she took her lovers cold hand, it wasn't warm like it used to be.

"Don't lose yourself

"Don't lose yourself...."

The words echoed, vibrating in her skull. She looked around and it was pure darkness. She was all alone. Danielle glanced in every direction; but there was nothing.

It was all a bad dream.

It was just a bad dream.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Once she opened them, it would all be over.

It was all a bad dream, none of it was real.

She opened her eyes again. And the darkness wasn't there anymore. No, it was worse. The blonde was back in the upside down. She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked around the area. She was in a graveyard. Fog surrounded the entire area; a dark blue eerie vibe surrounded her.