iii. boo! freak

Halloween was the best part of the year for Danielle, she loved watching kids make a fool of themselves wearing costumes

Halloween was the best part of the year for Danielle, she loved watching kids make a fool of themselves wearing costumes. Like now, watching the dnd nerds look at each other panickily as they realized they're the only ones dressed up for school. Ghostbusters, how interesting. One thing about her is that she never dresses up for Halloween. Ever.

Not since Jessica had taken her trick or treating for the first time ending in the result of a broken nose, it's a complicated story also very embarrassing.

Instead, she would stay home waiting every year for Jessica to come back home so they split the candy. Jessica hated anything that wasn't chocolate so she would give Danielle the mints, lollipops and razzles. She never protested, after all Danielle never truly liked chocolate.

The school energy was buzzing with excitement, despite the fact that no one dressed up. Danielle could still hear kids from class whispering about what type of candies they want to get. The day went by extremely slow that Danielle decided to enter Mr. Clarkes class late "Look who finally showed up" He said the moment she opened the door "That's a tardy Danielle, I could give you detention"

"Then put me out of my misery and do it" she could hear the kids snickering at her comment.

Mr. Clarke as always, smiles at her unbothered "But since its Halloween meaning that everyone is in good spirits" She narrows her eyes at him "Well, almost everyone. I'll give you a pass"

She pursed her lips slightly disappointed; she had hoped something interesting would at least happen today. Mr. Clarke looks up at her from his attendance roster, she is still standing in front of the class not taking a seat but not leaving as well "Will you be staying in class for the lesson Danielle?"

"I'm still deciding" It was true, school was sure dragging out slowly. She had forgotten her cassette player along with her headphones back at home as she was in a hurry to open up the store and restock the shelves, so there would be no point in hanging out at the library without her music.

As she decides, her eyes skim across the room, from the corner of her eye she sees the redhead who had fallen off her shed last night. She was staring out the window while her arms were crossed, she was wearing a black jacket that made her hair truly stand out. She must have felt eyes on her as she turns her head locking eyes with the blonde.

So she didn't runaway after all.

The blonde looks over at the teacher with a slight amused look "I'll stay" not bothering to see his smile widen she goes over to her seat, sitting down.

As Mr. Clarke starts his lesson his voice becomes muffled as Danielle tunes him out. She wonders why the redhead is still here in town, she guessed the girl would have been halfway to California by now. She was proved wrong. Earlier today she had check her shed and realized the redhead did indeed take a flashlight. But she was here in class which meant she practically stole her flashlight.