vii. exhale

By the time they made it to the High School the sun fully set, Steve and Danielle parked in front of the school hastily getting out

By the time they made it to the High School the sun fully set, Steve and Danielle parked in front of the school hastily getting out. Danielle closed the door to the convertible furrowing her eyebrows seeing as Steve, Max and Dustin all had flashlights. Of course, they would be prepared.

"Why exactly are we here?" Danielle asked as she followed the others as they stopped in front of the locked doors.

"To check files." Was all Dustin replied with as Max picked the lock opening the door letting the others in.

Danielle raised an eyebrow impressed. "New record." She muttered as she entered the school trailing behind Dustin and Steve. The three of them pointed their flashlights down the empty school halls, the school was extremely creepy when dark and empty. The only source of noise was their footsteps echoing as they walked on the tiled floor.

Max and Danielle were walking together leading the way as they were the ones who knew where Kelley's office was. Something caught Danielle's eye as she glanced at the redhead, she squinted wondering if her eyes were deceiving her. "Is that my flashlight?" she asked Max who glanced at her startled.

Before Max could answer, Robins voice was heard from Dustin's walkie talkie. "Dustin, do you copy?"

"Yeah, I copy."

"So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way back to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye." She told him enthusiastically.

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." He responded glancing over his shoulder every few seconds as the school gave him the creeps.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, you know, the usual. Just breaking and entering into school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files."

This time Jessica's voice spoke through the device. "Excuse me? Could you repeat that?"

Dustin rolled his eyes running out of breath as they continued speed walking. "Just get your ass over here, stat. We'll explain everything."

Max and Danielle stop in front of Ms. Kelley's office, the redhead extended her hand out. "Keys." Danielle took them out of her pocket giving them the Max. The redhead inserted the key twisting the doorknob. The door clicked open as Max held the door open for Danielle letting her in first before following behind her, the door almost hitting Dustin in the face.

They all pointed their flashlights around the small office taking in their surroundings. Danielle heard Dustin talk, but she drowned his voice out as Max opened the cabinet revealing all the files of students who went to go see her. "Holy shit." Max cursed.

"You found it?" Steve hurried to their side.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms. Kelley too." Max told them as she pulled out the files setting them on the desk taking a seat opening Chrissy's file first reading the information.