xii. times like these

Its times like these where you start looking back at your life wondering how it all ended up this way

Its times like these where you start looking back at your life wondering how it all ended up this way. A traumatic unpredictable mess. You look at yourself realizing how much has changed taking the notice of how different everything will be after this.

It made Danielle wonder how far would they have to go in order to stop this? Will closing the gate truly end it? or will this continue for their entire lives.

Charles Bukowski once said that "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence. "

Danielle would have agreed with him if the stupid ones were dead. But they weren't, instead they were all cramped up in the back complaining about the speed the redhead was driving at. If anything, the stupid ones were the only ones who seemed to be right so far about everything.

The blonde sighed as the car was filled with chaos. Both Lucas and Dustin agreed that she should sit in the passenger seat, not giving Mike the chance to protest. 

Dustin was playing nurse by cleaning off the dry blood on Steve's face. Lucas was the navigator, Max was the driver, Mike was the whiner and Danielle was simply just there messing around with the radio.

"Just pick a station!" Mike yelled annoyed as the blonde changed the song once again unable to make up her mind.

"Shut up! I'm trying to focus!" The redhead shouted frustrated as she couldn't hear Lucas's directions. With the car engine, the boys constant chattering and the radio changing every few seconds it was an absolute mess.

"Darling, just hurry up and please pick a station." Max told her politely as she pressed on the petal going over a hundred miles per hour.

"I would if they had some type of instrumental music." She grumbled as she pressed the button once again. She was practically pushing her limits today by being surrounded by people. Some type of instrumental music would be great if only she were that lucky.

"Nancy?" Another voice joined in, Danielle looked over her shoulder and saw Steve looking at Mike who had an offended expression.

"Now that's just an insult to Nancy, Harrington." Danielle chuckled as she continued to change the music.

Steve groaned in pain as he was about to touch his busted up face. Dustin protested immediately. "No, don't touch it." Steve groggily looked over at Dustin who gave him a smile. "Hey, buddy. It's okay, you put up a good fight. He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight."

"Dustin I don't think that will make him feel better." She commented as she finally decided that each station sucked in general so she turned off the radio.

Lucas stood up leaning against Danielle's seat making her hold the map. "Okay, you're gonna keep straight for half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." He instructed as he followed Danielle's finger on the map.